Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Informal Friday Cocktail Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ramos Gin Fizz

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220528_184238~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	553.5 KB ID:	1228058
    • 2 ounces gin
    • 3/4 ounce simple syrup
    • 1/2 ounce heavy cream
    • 1/2 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
    • 1/2 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
    • 3 dashes orange flower water
    • 1 fresh egg white
    • Club soda

Add the gin, simple syrup, heavy cream, lemon and lime juices, orange flower water and egg white into a shaker and dry-shake (without ice) vigorously for about 10 seconds.
    Add ice and shake for at least 15 seconds, until well-chilled.

Strain into a Collins glass.

Pour a little bit of club soda back and forth between the empty halves of the shaker tins to pick up any residual cream and egg white, then use that to top the drink.

This is a very nice drink. I used aquafaba in place of egg whites.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

Last edited by Attjack; May 31, 2022, 05:00 PM.

Comment

question for you, My daughter received a bottle of crème de cassis for her 21st birthday. Any cocktail suggestions, something not really sweet? I found a recipe for a Bourbon Renewal from Seriouseats.com that looks pretty good, will make it tomorrow night, but thought I’d ask the resident cocktail connoisseur for suggests

Comment

Another vote for the Aviation.
      A crusta is sort of a variation on a theme of a whiskey sour. Obviously tasty, but something I make periodically.

Same goes for the Ramos. Quite tasty, and I’ll no doubt make several this summer.

But I’ve not tried the Aviation…so it wins by virtue of being different.

Or simply make all three and have a taste off.

Comment

Aperol spritz for my wife and our neighbor

2 parts Aperol
        3 parts Prosecco
        1 part soda water
        tons of ice

see em tomorrow
        Attached Files

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice, smokin fool.

Panhead John This is a cocktail thread. If you want to talk fences go make a fence thread.

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Attjack Please send me the rule book about your posts. 🙄 Excuse the hell out of me for paying someone a compliment, about something other than your main subject.
          Last edited by Panhead John; May 29, 2022, 03:18 PM.

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          If there's a camera around Rey's got her hinnie shoved in front of the lens....shoulda been a Kardashian....

Bourbon Renewal

2oz boubron
        1oz lemon juice
        1/2oz crème de cassis
        1/2oz simple syrup
        1 dash Angostura bitters

all ingredients into shaker with ice, shake 15 seconds and pour into rocks glass with ice.

this is actually really good. Thought it might be a bit sweet from the black current liqueur but it’s refreshing on this hot and windy day in New Mexico!

Click image for larger version

Name:	4FF9B8F3-F192-4C3E-A921-CD1CE89B432E.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	1228583

Comment

FOR THE MEN……

JACK DANIELS AND COKE
          1 Red Solo Cup
          Fill With Ice
          Pour enough Jack Daniels to fill halfway, finish with canned Coke.

Click image for larger version  Name:	259D3C65-4BD0-45BF-8EE0-52DC8EE4AF64.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.16 MB ID:	1228686
          Last edited by Panhead John; May 29, 2022, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• MBMorgan
            MBMorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            Is that leather? Clearly you don’t have a cat …

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey guys, this is a cocktail post, not a furniture post. If you wanna talk about furniture, go start your own furniture thread.
            Last edited by Panhead John; May 30, 2022, 04:52 AM.

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            I lost 3 and a half days of my life, time I'll never get back, to JD back in my formative years.
            Sorta give it a wide berth y'know....

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here