Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanksgiving cocktail ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanksgiving cocktail ideas

So, my brother and his fiancee are coming for Thanksgiving and I'm looking for a new cocktail recipe to try (well, I'll have to try it for the week before to make sure I "get the recipe right").
    A few years back we tried this:

English Harvest - (Ryan Fitzgerald's recipe from Food & Wine website)

3/4 oz. unfiltered apple juice
    3/4 oz. dry vermouth
    3/4 oz. bonded apple brandy
    1 oz. London Dry Gin
    1/4 oz. Orgeat syrup
    3 dashes Angostura Bitters
    Spiral orange twist

​​​​​​Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the garnish and shake well. Strain into a small chilled coupe or snifter and garnish with the orange twist.

It was very good, but I think I'm looking for something that goes well with smoked turkey (this drink washed out a bit with the strong smoked flavors) but I'd also like to stick with clear base spirits....something my brother said about his most recent party and a few bottles of bourbon makes me think I should stick to a gin- or vodka-based drink this year.

Any thoughts/recipes/ideas? Thanks in advance!

I do this usually on Christmas Eve. But I think it would work for thanksgiving

Comment

• Irishpete33
      Irishpete33 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks ecowper this looks great. I’ll have to try it out this weekend! Or maybe tonight…

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad I could help Irishpete33 .... it's fun, festive appearing, and should go with a thanksgiving dinner fairly well

Here's two simple cocktails that have interchangeable liquors

- Boulevardier Cocktail
    1.5oz Bourbon
    1oz Sweet vermouth
    1oz Compari
    Garnish with an orange twist

- Negroni
    1.5oz Gin
    1oz Sweet vermouth
    1oz Compari
    Garnish with an orange twist

Simple cocktails with minimal ingredients

OR

-Pumpkin Spice Martini's
    1oz Baileys Irish Cream
    1oz Hiram Walker Pumpkin Spice liquor
    1oz Smirnoff Whip Cream Vodka
    Garnish with heavy cream

The first two cocktails be careful, you may not make dinner, the third one you'll be too full to eat dinner....enjoy.

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Can't go wrong with a Negroni at the holidays

• Irishpete33
      Irishpete33 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the Boulevardier and Negroni, but you’re right, smokin fool - I won’t make it to dinner, or more specifically, no one will have dinner because the cook will be napping.

The pumpkin spice martini also sounds delicious, thanks for the suggestions!!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here