Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gin Riblet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Gin Riblet

Wife heard it playing and remarked "That's disgusting". You never know until you try it 😊

Comment

Not a huge gin drinker but have enjoyed Beefeaters and Gordon's in the past. Recently I picked up a bottle of New Amsterdam Original Gin and for my taste in gin's, have found it quite good. Lately i have been testing just simple mixed drinks for a change in pace in bourbons.
      Anyway with all that rambling... I am up for most anything once and often twice. I will give this a try in the evening for the heck of it. Ryan created this video for the release of the McRib. Maybe, just maybe, will grab one of those and see how they pair together. Either gonna be OK or I may need that extra hour tonight to recover...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Not a gin guy, either, by any means...Have had both Beefeaters, an Gordons...they're okay, to a non connoisseur
        Might try ya some Tanqueray, similar level gin, as well...

A dissertation on gin:

I like Gin Mary’s. I can see a dash of bbq sauce working well in this. Gotta try it!

Comment

I am sold in Gin Ribet. Got to try it today.

Comment

The only known I can agree with... "bring back the Grimmace, damnit". Since I don't drink liquor I'll never know about the rest

Comment

I think that is worth trying, we enjoy a G&T as a summer drink on our deck.

Comment

Alright follow up time.
              I had to tweak the recipe slightly: V8 instead of tomato juice, lime instead of a lemon. I used Traeger Texas Spicy for the BBQ sauce and the New Amsterdam Gin.

Really did not mind this drink. If your a Bloody Mary fan I could see you liking this. Also, do not think a sweet sauce would pair well here, just my opinion. Would I mix this up again?? Don't know. It is different. Sometimes you just gotta mix life up.

And yes, it did pair well with the McRib...
              Blasphemy, I know...
              Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here