Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Basil-ey Vodka and simple syrups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Basil-ey Vodka and simple syrups

One of my favorite beverages to enjoy during the summer while grilling is what my fiance calls the "Basil-ey". It's makeup is the exact same as a mojito in function, but instead of mint, rum, and lime I use Thai or regular Basil, Vanilla Vodka and lemon. I think it was originally born out of an internet recipe and lack of fancier ingredients, but it's a main stay at hour house now. It sounds funky but is suuuppppeer refreshing and a crowd (or single lady) pleaser, as you look like a professional and competent crafter of cocktails while you are picking, slicing, and smahin up real good, the ingredients for the drink. I have since discovered that a few easy flavors of simple syrup like vanilla, or any other herb or fresh spice, can really open up some awesome flavor combos. Some of my other favorites are the old fashioned (no cherries), vanilla bourbon, Dark and Stormy, and as mentioned above mojitos and juleps. When I'm lazy it's just gingerale or ginger beer and dickel whiskey.

That sounds really good Flavorsavor, my wife & I love basil, we have a big patch of it in the herb garden. I'm going to try it now that I have a couple days off coming up.

Comment

Thanks. If you have any thai or spicy basil it takes it up a notch. We love the basil too, I put it on everything...it's hard to keep leaves on the plant during grill pizza season. Enjoy your time off.

Comment

Thanks man. A rib cook and a thick boneless pork chop reverse sear are in my future. And camping in the backyard with my boys while the wife goes away on a girl's weekend on Mackinac Island.

My favorite thing to do with basil is a good caprese salad- ripe tomato slices with a glob of fresh mozzarella (the wet ball, not the dry block) a nice basil leaf and a dash of EVOO and S&P, and maybe a dab of balsamic. Mmm delicious and healthy!

Never heard of Tai or spicy basil.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here