Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recipe - Conshohocken Brewing Co’s Glazing Saddles Clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recipe - Conshohocken Brewing Co’s Glazing Saddles Clone

This is one of the most recent brews that I did with my local homebrew club. This came out fantastic. I am glad that I bottled half of it because I killed my mini keg already.

(5 gallons/19 L, all-grain)
    OG = 1.055 FG = 1.014
    IBU = 11 SRM = 4 ABV = 5.5%

Ingredients
    10 lbs. American 2-row pale malt
    0.75 lb flaked oats
    One glazed donut (I used a sour cream donut and will again on my next brew)
    3 AAU Columbus hops (.25 oz at 12% alpha acids) @ 60
    8 oz lactose sugar (whirlpool)
    .5 oz cinnamon sticks (whirlpool)
    .25 oz vanilla extract (post-fermentation)
    Wyeast 1056 (American Ale) or White Labs WLP001 (California Ale)

STEP BY STEP
    Mill the gains (and break up the glazed donut half) and mix with 3.4 gallons of 164*F strike water to reach a mash temperature of 152*F.

Hold this temperature for 60 minutes.

Vorlauf until your runnings are clear. Sparge the grains with 4.3 gallons and top up as necessary to obtain 6 gallons of wort.

Boil for 60 minutes, adding hops at the beginning of the boil. Whirlpool for 15 minutes after flameout, adding cinnamon sticks and lactose at the start of the whirlpool.

After the whirlpool, chill the wort to slightly below fermentation temperature, about 65*F. Aerate the wort with pure oxygen or filtered air and pitch yeast.

Ferment at 68*F for 7 days, then raise the temperature to 70*F for 72 hours. After completion of fermentation, add the vanilla extract.

Crash the beer to 35*F for 48 hours. Then bottle or keg the beer and carbonate to approximately 2.5 volumes.
    Attached Files

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here