Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Craft Beer Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No matter where I go or where I've been my favorite beer is luckily local. Snake Dog by Flying Dog, Frederick MD. Citrus IPA.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180413_163030.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	749292

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Great Shot, Brother!
      Hopin th beer is near as good!

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      I've seen that hatchet before! Goood beer!!

If any of y’all are traveling through Western Kansas y’all will likely need some gas in Hays, Kansas. So if you need to wet your whistle while you are here I Hays I’d highly recommend Defiance Brewery. They have 1-3 standard beers and multiple seasonal beers from IPA’s to Stouts and sours.
    Attached Files

Comment

Now all I need to do is remember to check this thread before I travel!

Comment

We are blessed with many great breweries in our valley. Between the neighboring cities of Temecula, Murrieta, Wildomar, and Lake Elsinore, CA we have no less than 15 breweries. Half a mile from my house is Stadium Pizza, who brews amazing beer. A few other favorites are Electric Brewing and 8-bit Brewing in Murrieta, and Refuge in Temecula. There truly is no shortage of great beer around, and we are less than an hour north of San Diego, with over 150 breweries!

Comment

Perfection!
          Attached Files

Comment

Favorite craft brew place..... well thats an easy one for me. I live about 15 minutes away from a brew pub in Sarnia Ontario, call Refined Fool. There are several factors as to why this is my favorite 1) they never have less than 20 beers on the menu. 2) They rotate the inventory all the time so there is something new each time we go. 3) This is a family oriented establishment. Its not unusual to see kids playing one of the many board games. We usually take a set of dominoes and play with good friends Argoboy and his wife. 4) They also serve hard cider and wine....to keep my wife happy
            Attached Files

Comment

• Red Man
              Red Man commented
              Editing a comment
              Love the beer names!

Tried Eleven Lakes Brewing Co in Cornelius, NC. Had a great Extra Special Bitter on a Nitro tap. As close to Real Ale as you will get.

Comment

A few favorites
              Attached Files

Comment

• Bumby
                Bumby commented
                Editing a comment
                Love Maine Beer Company! Wish I had more Treehouse in my life!

Been a big fan of Craft Beer for years now, also new here so hey everyone!

Most recent trip I did a bit of roadtripping brewery tour. Hit Denver, Cheyenne, Salt Lake City and Vegas as a night cap.

Ended up being 26 Breweries in total with some killer specialty brews, food and Views.

Some Brews:

Name:	20191112_174435.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	776311Click image for larger version

Name:	20191113_193731.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	776312Click image for larger version

Name:	20191113_103818.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	776313Click image for larger version

Name:	20191112_155715.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	776314Click image for larger version

Name:	20191111_152948.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	776315Click image for larger version

Name:	20191111_102604.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	776316

Some views:

Name:	20191114_210536.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	776317Click image for larger version

Name:	20191114_110353.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	776318Click image for larger version

Name:	20191113_090511.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	776319Click image for larger version

Name:	20191112_093838.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	776320Click image for larger version

Name:	20191111_143031.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	776321
              Cheers Everyone!!

Comment

• Bobmcgahan
                Bobmcgahan commented
                Editing a comment
                Awesome!

In Southeast MN, we have some great microbrews. With Toppling Goliath just over the border in Iowa and Indeed, Schells, and many others in the Cities, we are in between some great beer, but can hold our own. Here in Rochester, we have LTS which is my personal favorite. They not only have great beer, but they make their own pop as well. We do have quite the variety with Forager, Little Thistle, Thesis Beer Project, Kinney Creek, and a couple of others that are just getting rolling. We also have a great home brew club in town and I currently have a Belgian dubbel fermenting in the spare bedroom...

Comment

I’m in the Milwaukee, WI area. Here my fav is Lakefront brewing. Specifically their Lakefront Stein Amber Lager. Just amazing.

Comment

Sorry, that is Riverwest Stein Amber Lager from Lakefront Brewing 🙄

Comment

never been a better time to be a beer lover. i have a kegerator in my garage, it has never had a big brand beer in it

Comment

• Bobmcgahan
                      Bobmcgahan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This. We are fortunate for a lot of things.

I don’t particularly like this, not because it isn’t any good but because it is really an IPA. I get that they lagered it, and top fermented etc. But it tastes like an IPA, and I bought a lager. Call it an IPL if you have to.

Name:	68A4EF76-0C56-4EE0-9C6D-4BDAEBFB057F.jpeg
Views:	199
Size:	232.2 KB
ID:	846516

Comment

• rstutzma
                      rstutzma commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree this shouldn't have just been labeled as a lager. Even the words 'Tropical Lager' at the bottom indicates it should be refreshing. IPA's aren't refreshing, but some consider them to be more flavorful. IPL would've been a better label.

Myself, I favor pilsners and lagers, not IPA's and IPL's.

• Mosca
                      Mosca commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, freakin’ Stone, everything tastes the same except more or less alcohol, more or less hops.

A great way to discover new beers here in the UK this time year is through a beer advent calendar. Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20201201_092222095.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	956450

A new beer each day and this year they have actually been very nice. I had one a few years back and the beers inside were a bit lacking. It is of course a bit of a gamble (unless you can find one that actually list the beers, but where is the fun in that?), but it is good fun and let you discover new things. Especially this year when there is no way to visit the micropubs.

I log my beers on Untappd and I'm of course also a CAMRA member.

The best one so far this year has been the Castilian lemon & honey cheesecake from the Siren Craft Brew. It's a Sour IPA.

Comment

• Bobmcgahan
                      Bobmcgahan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm very happy to see more cities in the United States with brewpubs offering real cask ale. I don't know why it has not caught on more in the states. Church Key in Washington, DC and the Shakespeare in New York City offer highly credible cask ales.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here