Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home Brew Recipe question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Brew Recipe question

I went to The Brew Hut that is owned and operated by Dry Dock Brewing company here in Colorado, and they have recipes there that you can take to do a clone of some of their beer. I have the Imperial Pumpkin and Naked Blonde Ale recipes I can share if it is of interest to anyone. I have done the Imperial Pumpkin a few times and have gotten it to be anywhere from 8.5% to as high as 11% ABV. If you do it right it literally tastes like a pumpkin pie.

Share away, new recipes are greatly appreciated

Comment

• AverageJoe
      AverageJoe commented
      Editing a comment
      58limited I brewed the Imperial Pumpkin and am fixing to check the gravity prior to switching over to secondary. If the gravity is good I am going to flip it over to secondary to clarify and have it sit on two split vanilla beans for one more week. I wanted to finish the full brew before I typed it all out.

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds good.

• AverageJoe
      AverageJoe commented
      Editing a comment
      58limited The original gravity was 1.112, brewed on 06/29, and after 9 days, checked it on 07/08, it was down to 1.065 making it at that time 6.1% ABV. But I want it to get down to 1.030 to put it into the 10% ABV range.

Speaking of...
    Huskee
    would it be something feasible to have a sub thread in the different beverage categories for recipes to keep them a little neater? I have a lot of Home brew recipes that I want to share, but I don't want to clutter the main channel too much. Heck even under spirits if have a nice recipe for home made lemoncello.

Comment

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      I know this might not be an "In" thing here in the Pit yet, but how about a sub-channel for Mead? Mead is not wine and it is the fastest growing part of the craft beverage industry at the moment. I have lots of medal winning recipes.

• AverageJoe
      AverageJoe commented
      Editing a comment
      58limited currently fermenting I have my "Garage Lager" and a cherry mead going right now.

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      I've got a Polish mead and a jalapeno session mead in secondary. I've got three beers in secondary as well: chocolate hazelnut porter, Bohemian Pilsner, and a hard root beer. I plan to make a Scotch Ale this week, I usually age it on pecan rum oak cubes.

AARRRGGGGHHHH so frustrated. Got a stuck fermentation. Tried a re-pitch, tried the priming sugar trick, next step is beano. Supposed to be FG of 1.030-1.045 and it is only down to 1.062...…..aaarrggghhhh

Comment

Beano will probably work. If your home-brew shop has it, Amylo-300 should work, as long as your yeast hasn't completely given up. Be careful on the dosage with the enzymes, they will keep working even if your yeast isn't. Have you tried simply rousing the yeast? That can sometimes kick things back off, especially with a really flocculent strain.

Comment

• AverageJoe
        AverageJoe commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. Roused and even brought to a slightly warmer temp. I am going to let it go till Monday before I do the Beano though. This is the third time that I have brewed this recipe so it could be a factor that I am just not thinking of.

• AverageJoe
        AverageJoe commented
        Editing a comment
        mnavarre I went to my LHBS and picked up some alpha amylase and it dropped to FG 1.030 WOOHOO. Put it at 10.76% ABV. LHBS recommended using amylase instead of Beano. Beano has beta amylase in it as well and it can actually go further than you want and dry out the brew.

Regardless. It dropped I have it sitting in secondary on vanilla beans till his coming weekend which I will then be bottling and aging.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here