Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mickey' Fine Malt Liquor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mickey' Fine Malt Liquor

So I was standing in front of the beer cooler in the liquor store the other day and a blast from the dim days of my youth jumped up
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190608_111541.jpg
Views:	4427
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	691601

Lol! Usedta drink those a lot, with my Pa...

There was, (likely still is) a trail of green bottles in th roadside ditches, alla th way from our farm, to where we worked, an back...

Cheers, an Happy Sattiday, Brother!

Comment

Used to leave one open on the counter (or the coffee table) on Friday nite; made some fine pancakes Saturday morning.

Comment

I remember drinking Mickey's in my youth as well. I also remember 40s of St. Ides. Live and learn is what I say.

Comment

• Red Man
          Red Man commented
          Editing a comment
          I’d completely forgotten about St Ides! Ah the good old days back in high school, Mickeys, OE, and St Ides. 😂

Flash back! I'm told I enjoyed to '60's. Heresay because I don't remember much. Mickeys and the glass gallon jugs of Red Mountain. Great gateway to some of the other stuff. Thanks for the reminder

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          As I've always heared, an agree:
          "Hey, Man...If ya remember th Sixties....then ya weren't There, Man! "

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Boone's Farm, Annie Green Springs, fer wine, hereabouts...some desperate times involved Mad Dog 20 20, which is basically an emetic, with grape(-ish) flavourin, in my experience, an many of my posse, back in th day...

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          Annie green springs, my god, Mr. Bones i haven't heard that in many a year.

Mickey's Bigmouth and the puzzle caps! We also drank Matt's beer balls in college.

Our High School drinking in the woods favorite:

Head Wreckers A/K/A Green Death

Comment

• Razor
          Razor commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, how did you manage to get ahold of the "private stock". 🤣

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          Never seen that before.

Wow....glad I'm older now and over that stuff

Comment

Throw in some Mad Dog 2020 and we can par-tay!

Comment

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            Nothing like that flat MD bottle perfect for smuggling into michigan stadium

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            Nothing like that stream of purple puke!

• Bkhuna
            Bkhuna commented
            Editing a comment
            The first and last time I drank MD was when I was 17. I remember the party and the visit to an old cemetery overgrown with spanish moss on oak trees. The young lady, I do not remember.

Good stuff. I remember when they had the pop tops.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Me too, Brother
            Remember when ya hadda have a Church Key, previous to th pop tops? I was right in that era...

Oh Geez....I remember that.....Barely...lol..Also reminds me of that very disturbing Tom Waits song...Franks Wild years

watch

Comment

Back in the day there was nothing "fine" about Mickey’s. The only selling point I remember is that big mouth. Thanks for the flashback ... 😎👍 ...

Comment

I bought a 6 pack of that stuff out of nostalgia about 15 years ago.

At the time 30 year old me immediately said to my friend "dude how the hell did we drink this stuff 10 years ago??"

Comment

• smokin fool
                smokin fool commented
                Editing a comment
                10 years ago it was probably a buck ninety-nine for a 6 pack and you got sixty cents back for bottle deposit....

• SmokeyGator
                SmokeyGator commented
                Editing a comment
                More like 10 years ago the convenience store that was known to not ask for ID had a rather limited selection. You could buy bum wine or bum beer.

• klflowers
                klflowers commented
                Editing a comment
                6 pack was 5.99. Worth every penny lol

I was not quite as "fancy pants" as y’all. Ripple seems to have found it’s way into my adolescent rotation along with Reinlander beer ($5.99/24).

Comment

• CaptainMike
                CaptainMike commented
                Editing a comment
                OMG, Fred G. Sanford's favorite drink! Man, we would laugh until we cried watching show!

They're still making that stuff? I haven't had a Mickey's since --like the second grade.

Comment

• klflowers
                klflowers commented
                Editing a comment
                I was shocked to see it. Hadn’t seen any for years.

Mikeys's Big Mouth....Holy crap what a blast from the past......Thank you for posting!!!!

Comment

• klflowers
                klflowers commented
                Editing a comment
                Had to share that. You're welcome.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here