Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mickey' Fine Malt Liquor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was in high school, this was one that we would often drink, not because it tasted good which it doesn't, but because of its large opening, you could slam down in an instant.

Comment

My high school years were in the 80s. I don’t recall Mickey’s but here is what we drank.

Before something called Red Bull was know to "Give You Wings", I knew it as something to kick your ass.

Click image for larger version  Name:	02C46BE1-BA45-48CF-9015-785C86B0120C.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	114.6 KB ID:	692089

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        My heart would explode.

I discovered Mickeys a few years ago and asked about it here. (I searched for the post but the search links don't appear to be working very well.)

I did not consume alcohol until I was well into grad school, and even then I sidled up to it slowly. So the Mickey's Years passed under the radar for me. I like drinking it when I want a little more than water and a little less than some of my other fav beers. I love the screw on cap, in case I want to polish it off later before it gets too flat. What can I say, easy to please, at least beerwise.

Kathryn

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        I was well into, well, high school if sophomore year is well into...

Remember drinking Mickeys in the 90's when I was in California. Cheap and at every 711. Tasted like dishwater, but done the trick.

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Still tastes the same. Good dishwater though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	15464057-491F-42FE-9028-186DF8FF032E.jpeg
Views:	135
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	692115 I was steel reserve guy back in the day

Comment

Does anyone remember Colt 45 Silver? It was available briefly and taken off the market. It was too strong!

Comment

BLAQUEBARQ don’t remember silver, but

Comment

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            Billy D. was just cool.

• Razor
            Razor commented
            Editing a comment
            After a hard day of fighting the Empire you need a smooth drink to cool you down.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here