Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May be the end of my drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the article mentioned it and that says it all, craft beers, the darlings of the Millenials, are popping up on every street corner eroding into the American brew scene. I remember the first craft brewery/restaurant that opened then failed here in Houston in the 90s. By 2013 there were about 11 'micro' breweries scattered about town, now there are 53. In one part of town, called the Heights a gentrified area near downtown, they have a bike tour of 13 just in that area (a modern day pub crawl?).

Of course Budweiser still has a massive brewing operation here but like most of the American icons it's owned by the Belgium InBev conglomerate. I guess the trend now is moving away from the cheap, pale American ales toward beers with character and flavor. Doesn't hurt that many have alcohol contents three and four times that of most popular American beers.

So I guess what I'm saying, being as how I've personally consumed hundreds of gallons of beer over the past 40 some odd years, is that the beers many of us grew up with (Old Style and Michelob [not Ultra either!!] for yours truely) are going to be brewed cheaply for the masses by large conglomerates and the craft beers are going to somehow take over a younger crowd capable of supporting and demanding more variety. It seems to have evolved into something akin to wine.

Anyway, I'm going back to sleep now, that's my tome for the day....burp.

Comment

All my fridge has in it is PBR and Labatt Blue. I buy the Blue when it’s on sale or if there is a rebate but mainly it’s PBR for me.

Also most bars around her have a $2 16 oz. cans special always.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        One of my favorite Canadian beers is LaBatt's Velvet Cream Porter. If you can find it that stuff is righteous !!!

It also might be a ploy by Coors/PBR to drive up demand so they can make more money.

Comment

• Mudbeaver
        Mudbeaver commented
        Editing a comment
        Funny part is I believe that on the can it reads schlitz brewing, and old Milwaukee and pbr are exactly the same

My garage fridge consists of the exact same!

Comment

• ssandy_561
        ssandy_561 commented
        Editing a comment
        Come to think about it. I don’t think I want Goebel back.

• Mudbeaver
        Mudbeaver commented
        Editing a comment
        Never had goeble we were old mill, pbr, and genessee

• Mudkat
        Mudkat commented
        Editing a comment
        In the 70's we could get a case of Genesee cans for $5 and some change. The change was for cigarettes. 😀

If my math is correct, in 30 pack form, I can get my life supply for around 20k......

Comment

nobody likes a quitter...

Comment

I've had plenty American lager's over the years,but was turned on to "imports" when Lowenbrau was still brewed in Germany.I prefer my beer's darker and with flavor!

Comment

Read on maxim, "doing away with Pabst would be like doing away with cargo shorts and charcoal grills"

Comment

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here