Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Summer Beers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After mowing the lawn and working up a bit of a sweat, chilling on the deck with an ice cold Blue Moon Belgian White is about as close to heaven as it gets.

Comment

My fav

I suffered a can-ring failure on this brew and it was leaking.....im happy to report that the beer was salvaged with minimal loss.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by xaugievike; June 2, 2019, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Comment

Surly, Todd the Ax Man. If I am driving, something with less bite.

Also really like a lot of the various Hazy IPAs out. Fair State had a crushable Milkshake ipa that surprised me.

However, for "Summer Beer", I want cold first, and cheap if at a ballgame. Free is even better. If I am paying I will usually look for something new.

Comment

In hot weather, water is the best thing to drink. So I choose Coors Light, which is basically the same.

Comment

Wasaga Beach 1 Cerveza is my crush right now
              Attached Files

Comment

This thread has been quite an education.

However, I hate to be plebian, but summer means Budweiser. It takes me back to college days sitting with my dad and watching beisbol on TV.

Comment

• smokin fool
                  smokin fool commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I get what your saying but I've become disillusioned with monster breweries million liter products and I used to drive for MolsonCoors. Free beer was in the contract depending on full/part time.
                  For better or worse, I've gone to smaller local craft brewery products.
                  Have a few favs Wasaga Beach, Port Credit, Mill Street, Creemore Springs to name a few.
                  At the end of the day they all end up some kinda golden hue again anyway....

• gcdmd
                  gcdmd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  smokin fool How right you are. In goes the good beer; out goes the bad beer.

This will work in the Summer, although Blue Moon Belgian White would too. Or a Shocktop. But really, I'm not all that picky.
                Attached Files

Comment

• IowaGirl
                  IowaGirl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Of Leinie's shandy lineup, the lemon is my favorite. The grapefruit is okay, but the watermelon is nasty. It goes down okay if cold, but don't let it warm up -- it's near undrinkable. But Blue Moon with a twist of orange is da best.

I am a Loyalist to Pearl Street Brewery here where I live. from their line up I will drink mostly, their:

Linalool IPA
                Rumpshaker neIPA
                Me Myself and IPA
                Pale Ale
                Rubber Mills Pils
                That's what I am talking about Stout
                Barrel aged oat stout
                Smokin Hemp porter and a few others, but damn, then there is Vodka and gin drinks, and wine, and single malt scotch, and.. I have a problem.

Comment

Red Oak Hummingbird and New Belgium DayBlazer!

Comment

• HawkerXP
                    HawkerXP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    +1 on DayBlazer, now in 15 packs! Sweet.

• Flavorsavor
                    Flavorsavor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's a great lawnmower beer.

Kölsch
                  Pils
                  American Pale Ale (Sierra Nevada)
                  Dortmunder
                  Yebisu
                  Anything that doesn't taste like diluted Pine-Sol.

Comment

My taste in beer isn't very seasonal. Top four for me are always Guinness Extra Stout (although Murphy's will do, too), Fat Tire, Anchor steam, and Alaskan Amber. After that, I'm pretty easy to please ... unless somebody sticks a piece of fruit in the bottle neck (I'll likely send it back if that happens).
                    Last edited by MBMorgan; June 3, 2019, 05:18 PM.

Comment

When I was stationed in Germany, my German friends would ask me to bring Bud when we would do something outdoors on a hot summer day. They said American beer was good summer beer.

Comment

• MBMorgan
                        MBMorgan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's funny ... when I was in Huntsville, Ala. (still in high school), there were a bunch of German military stationed at Redstone Arsenal and living near us. The military thought American beer was so bad that they would import good German or Dutch beer to keep their soldiers from suffering too badly while in the States.

• Bkhuna
                        Bkhuna commented
                        Editing a comment
                        But in Germany you can get the authentic Budweiser from the Budvar brewery in Czechoslovakia. Enjoyed that one immensely when I was there.

• Murdy
                        Murdy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I drank my share of Budwar too. Actually, my go to was Licher, which I've never seen over here. It was one of the cheaper beers, probably Germany's answer to Old Milwaukee, but it was better than most American beers.

My German friends' fondness for American beer was limited to very hot, summer days, when engaged in outdoor activity.

I also remember Germans cutting German beer by mixing it with a little Coke, which they called a Trekkich (Dirty, I think) Beer.
                        Last edited by Murdy; June 4, 2019, 09:12 AM.

These are both very thirst quenching:

Dogfishhead Seaquench (session sour with lime and sea salt - margarita-ish)

New Belgium/Cerveceria Primus (collaboration) Mural (watermelon, lime, hibiscus, agave)

I'm not one for crazy beers normally, but these are both really good!

Comment

im generally not much of a beer guy but when i am its yuengling lager or black n tan or a real solid sour like cuvee des jacobins.

IPAs can go in someone elses belly, lol.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here