Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Brew Their Own???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I brew small batches. Nothing over 2.5 gallons at a time. Tastes great. Up-front cost is fairly low, but the per-beer cost is higher for small batches.

Comment

My kids got me Mr. Beer and I have made several nice batches. 50 bucks on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Beer-Premi...er+brewing+kit

Comment

I’m an active Home brewer, that and BBQ go hand in hand, and are my two main hobbies. I’ve been brewing all grain for 7-8 years, started with extract kits from Northern Brewer.

if anyone needs any advice on this topic feel free to ask. I do it for the same reason I enjoy making BBQ - it’s a creative outlet, and I can tweak recipes and the process to obtain the beer I like. Just like BBQ you can spend a little or a lot, but can obtain good results with a small investment.

Comment

I brew a bit. LOL. Written an article or two for BYO and Zymurgy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	p-58505-DIYCombo.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	427818

Comment

Ain't done any brewin' in quite some time, gotta get back in th' saddle...
            Meanwhile, my nephew been doin some...link
            Neil is his name...
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 23, 2017, 02:28 PM.

Comment

I don't even drink anymore but still get the urge to try brewing.
              One of my friends is a BIG beer drinker and has thought of trying this gadget out. It looks kind of cool but it is spendy.
              PicoBrew created the world's first automatic all-grain homebrewing appliance. Choose from over 100 recipes or create your own, all at the touch of a button.

The Zymatic is expensive but looks like it would be a fun hobby.
              The Z is a professional grade brewing system engineered to be used by anyone, providing the ultimate craft beer brewing experience for pros and homebrewers.

Last edited by Cheef; December 24, 2017, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here