Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guiness Going Blonde?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guiness Going Blonde?

Thoughts??

I'm sure lots of folks are going to say thats not Gunness.... hehehehe

Comment

Yup. But they say blondes have more fun. I'd try it.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
        Jon Solberg commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutly, love me some lager! (dont tell but I'm not much on stout, I will have one as not to offend, I respect the stout folks loyalty for sure)

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I used to drink more stout than I do now, which is rarely. Too many calories. If I'm in a sipping mood it's wine or whiskey, not stout. I do like it...it just isn't very refreshing I guess.

• Jon Solberg
        Jon Solberg commented
        Editing a comment
        True, for me if I have a few I need a club soda or something to cleanse my palate a bit.

Not like Guinness is new to lagers, they also make Harp Lager.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, I suppose they just wanted their flagship name to be associated with more than just draught and extra stout. Who really knows.

Can't rely on people to like basically the same beer forever, they do have a pretty good deal with that 9,000 year lease.

Comment

Always look forward to a new craft. Coors has recently impressed me with "Batch 19" in the dark glass bottles. Pre-prohibition recipe they call it. Think of all the money they could've made the last few decades if they'd have just made that instead of the swill water they've been churning out. Ahh, but an ice cold Coors Light sure goes down good when chugging after mowing the lawn on a hot day...

Comment

• mgaretz
          mgaretz commented
          Editing a comment
          Reminds of an old beer joke: what do light beer and making love in a canoe have in common?

They're both f'ing close to water!

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL. I suppose that's why it's so smooth and goes down so good. Wait, what are we talking about [blushing]...

Here's another, but longer one:

At a beer trade show (there really are such things), the presidents of Coors, Bud and Guinness happen to approach the lobby bar at the same time and decide to sit together. The barkeep asks them what they'll have. The president of Bud says, "I'll have the King of Beers! Make it a Budweiser please!" The president of Coors says "And I'll have the only beer brewed with Rocky Mountain spring water, make it a Coors!" The president of Guinness rubs his chin and says "I'll have a Coke." "A Coke?" the presidents of Bud and Coors exclaim together. To which the president of Guinness responds, "Well, if you guys aren't going to drink beer, I won't either."

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          lol, true dat

I only drink the "extra stout" so this is a step in the wrong direction for me. That said, I'd say Guiness sales are pretty low all summer in the U.S. I only drink it in the fall and winter.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here