Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coor's Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coor's Light

Of course, not everyone hates Coors Light. Some people may enjoy it for its low alcohol, low calorie, and refreshing qualities. It is also one of the most affordable and widely available beers in the market. Ultimately, beer preference is a matter of personal taste and opinion.​

There are different reasons why some people may dislike Coors Light, a popular light beer brand in the US. Here are some of the common ones:

don't usually drink Coors, but sometimes a Coors Banquet hits the spot!

Comment

• Johnny Booth
      Johnny Booth commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. I did like the ‘real’ Coors Banquet.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, Banquet can be decent. Coors Light is a low-flavor option suitable only if it's very cold on a hot day.

I don’t hate it. I will drink it if there are no other choices, but that ain’t saying much. 😉

None of the reasons are valid for me though…
    Low in protein… I don’t drink beer for its nutritional value. I can’t drink foam.
    I dislike bitter beer. That is one of thousands of possible flavor profiles, but it it seems everyone is a hop-head these days. I personally think it’s because hops are easy to identify and taste, so it makes people feel like they have a sophisticated palate. Matter of fact, I dislike most ‘craft’ beers b/c they over-focus on one ingredient to shock the palate.
    I drink mass produced beer, so it’s not that one.
    I never knew they were recalled, so it’s not that one either.

My reason - Compared to other beers, Coors Light is benign. Mostly forgettable.

Comment

• Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      I felt the same way about a lot of those craft beers in that they all seemed to try to be the most of something, usually "hoppiest". I didn't get it. I know in a totally saturated market you need to do what you can to stand out but it seems like the quest for a balanced beer went by the wayside. At least they don't have that problem with my bourbons 🤥😂

Ziegenbock is where it's at. If just drinking cheep beer, I'll do PBR. Occasionally I'll have a Dose Equis.

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Dos Equis, XX a good Irish Beer.

• RiverJeff
      RiverJeff commented
      Editing a comment
      Hows about a good ole Pearl?

I actually like Coors Light.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm, maybe I should give it a try sometime.

I remember a time when I had to look for an IPA. Liberty Anchor and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale where two of the first IPA's that became widely available. Now by today's standards, they are on the lighter side of the IPA category. I enjoy a variety of craft beers of widely varying styles. I agree that many current IPA's are over the top in hoppy bitterness. But you can easily avoid them by asking for a non-IPA. It easy to do because most all IPA's use the term "IPA" in the name. And even a "hoppy" pale ale is not usually an over top IPA. There are many styles of craft beers that are not high in IBU's like IPA's.

If you like well-balanced beers, try some of the many Pilsner styles. They are on the lighter side but much flavorful than the average "light" or "lite" beer.

Funny side story: In the fall of 1977 I visited the Coors brewery in Golden, Colorado. After a delightful tour, we visited the tap room to taste the ubiquitous Coors Banquet Beer. It was mighty good fresh on tap. One of the guests asked our tour guide if Coors would ever make a "light" beer. About that time, Miller Lite had begun to become popular with a number of clever TV ads. Our guide answered the question firmly and said, "Coors already makes the perfect light beer, it has no need to make a lite beer. Others may choose to water down their beer, but Coors does not and never will!"

Well about six months later, Coors introduced "Coors Light". Apparently, the bean counters convinced management that adding water to the beer was a profitable strategy. Technically, they don't actually add water, they just use less barley and hops.
    Last edited by briano52; February 7, 2024, 08:01 PM.

Comment

I love Coors Light, but do drink other brand brewski's on occasions.

Comment

I cannot stand to drink any ‘light’ beer. I tend towards Blue Moon or a red beer and really don’t like anything with much of a hop taste.

Comment

I also took a tour of the Golden Colorado brewery in the late 70's. At that time you could not buy it east of the Mississippi. So it was a treat. I still like it from time to time.

Comment

• briano52
            briano52 commented
            Editing a comment
            I remember Coors saying that they did not ship to the East because they thought that the beer quality would be compromised if not kept cold. It was a point of pride for them. And a sales point too. Coors smuggled to the East Coast was a thing back then.

• randy56
            randy56 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, had forgotten that.

If it’s 6am and I’m in a blind or on a boat schwanns, coors, olympia, rainier, pabst, bud, michelob, pacifico, corona, heiniken, and rainier will pass muster. The rest of the time there are other things i would pick first - bourbon, tequilla, vodka, or rose depending on season and mood. Not to sound like an elitist, there is a time for everything!!🔥🔥🐿️

Comment

• swartzster
            swartzster commented
            Editing a comment
            No Rueben’s?

• MsTwiggy
            MsTwiggy commented
            Editing a comment
            swartzster Ruebens is boutique craft beer. I would drink it in a heartbeat but it’s in a different league from the silver bullet and so wasn’t mentioned above. I did however miss Hamms which should be duly noted with above options.🔥🔥🐿️

• swartzster
            swartzster commented
            Editing a comment
            Whenever we get to Ballard, I’m all about hitting a couple breweries. Rueben’s is always on the list.

I stopped buying Coors Light for myself a couple decades ago but will drink it if offered to me. I always enjoyed when we visited my in-laws and my rancher FIL would ask if I wanted to drink a beer with him, generally around 3:30 in the afternoon.

Comment

I like Bud Light. Its what i like. Coors Light will drink if nothing else.

Comment

• bbqLuv
              bbqLuv commented
              Editing a comment
              Bud Light sure took a hit with their questionable advertising.
              Maybe it will make a comeback.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here