Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is your favorite Cheap Beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I subscribe to the "life is too short to drink shitty beer" mantra. It's cheap for a reason, yo. Like jfmorris, I brewed for about 25 years before mobility shortcomings brought that era to a close, plus did some competition judging, and I just can't abide that stuff, I'll drink water instead. Does that make me a beer snob? Dunno... I wouldn't buy Select grade meat either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Idk, somewhere along the line I stopped drinking them. It wasn’t a conscious decision; I ran out, and never bought more.

If I’m out to dinner, I’ll pick something “next rung up”: Sam Adams or the like. I’m usually driving, so in those situations I have to avoid the heavy artillery. I once chose a Dogfish 120, and I had to pass the car keys to my daughter!

Comment

This my current selection. I enjoy variety of types and different brewers. I apologize. I didn't look at each brew but some of the top mentioned will not touch my palette.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230327_222706.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	1398264

Comment

A cold one

Comment

• Jfrosty27
            Jfrosty27 commented
            Editing a comment
            In the end, that’s it!👍

I don't know about favorite but, I can manage to drink Coors Banquet without getting sick

Comment

Always have long necks of PBR in my beverage fridge. Still my favorite for warm weather BBQing.

Comment

Another brewer I lean towards is DogFish Head. I go for their 60,90 and 120 IPA.

They don't make this anymore this but when I went to their Brewery 2 beers I had out of the 4 in their sampler were
              https://www.dogfish.com/brewery/beer/burton-baton I like this so when I got home went and ordered a case. Wasn't cheap at $81.

The other was https://www.dogfish.com/brewery/beer/chocolate-lobster Draft only and you are not going to find in your local tavern. Only brewed in the summer with real lobster. They actually have a warning if you are allergic to shellfish, don't consume. I was there with my brother who is allergic. He did not consume.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                We still get Dog Fish here in VA. Yes. It certainty isn't cheap.

• Skinsfan1311
                Skinsfan1311 commented
                Editing a comment
                HawkerXP that's an understatement. The 120 minute is $40.00 for a 4-pack....but DAMN it's good!

• jfmorris
                jfmorris commented
                Editing a comment
                My son in law asked me to help him brew a clone of the Dogfish 120 minute IPA - we even found a pretty accurate recipe for it, but we both decided we didn't want to keep up with hop additions to the beer every 3 minutes of a 120 minute boil... at the brewery the story goes that they took an old shaker table (think table football from the 70's) and have it vibrate a mix of hops into the boil continually.

Rainier back in the 80's

Comment

• bbqLuv
                bbqLuv commented
                Editing a comment
                Rainier Beer used to be Rainier Ale???
                It is right up there with PBR.

When it was made in Seattle.
              Best commercials

Comment

• bbqLuv
                bbqLuv commented
                Editing a comment
                Great
                Thanks for the post, a walk down Memory lane
                Last edited by bbqLuv; March 29, 2023, 08:39 AM.

• Jfrosty27
                Jfrosty27 commented
                Editing a comment
                That’s awesome. Great post. Cheers!

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                Cool!

I rarely drink beer anymore. When I do, it's either Guinness Stout,(which I didn't care for), until a trip to Ireland, where I developed a taste for it that hasn't abated. That, or whatever style of beer that I feel like at the moment, and cost is no object, since I seldom drink it.

That being said, my favorite cheap beer is PBR followed closely by regular Coors...

Comment

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                What are your thoughts on the Red Skins being bought?

• Skinsfan1311
                Skinsfan1311 commented
                Editing a comment
                HawkerXP As a long suffering fan, and season ticket holder, I'm ecstatic!!

The beer that a relative or friend just pulled out of the ice chest and handed to me.

Comment

Ahhh Click image for larger version

Name:	16814091924145496684913313890019.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	1405509

Comment

I guess the cheapest beer I drink is Blue Moon. I’m with DaveD , I simply cannot abide wasting calories and carbs on cheap-ass beer. I’m no beer snob by any stretch of the imagination but I’ll pay a premium price for premium taste. Full disclosure: my son and I drank an Old Style at Wrigley Field years ago just for the experience.

Comment

OPB

Comment

Stroh's ...if you can find it!

Comment

• DaveD
                        DaveD commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Fire-brewed! Drank a lot of that when I was a college student...

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here