Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Favorite Beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Favorite Beer

My favorite beer is Bud Light Platinum. It is 6% alcohol, which is higher than most beers, and only 4.4 grams of carbohydrates. The low carbs matters to me because I'm diabetic.

They did something right with Bud Platinum, I love it too. My favorite beer is Xingu, Brazilian beer. Goes really well with BBQ

Comment

• Koy Schoppe
      Koy Schoppe commented
      Editing a comment
      Discovered Xingu a couple weeks ago. Great beer.

For everyday drinking I'm all about steam whistle Pilsner (from Ontario), but if it's a cold winter night, tough to beat big rock traditional (from Alberta), an English style Amber ale with some serious malt/toasted/caramel flavour.

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd love to find that. I'm a sucker for crisp, slightly malty English-style amber suds.

Its too hard to pick but I'm a founders and dogfish head fan....

Comment

The Last Real American Beer Samuel Adams Lager! Dan
      Last edited by Danjohnston949; October 6, 2015, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a little on the bitter side for me.

• Abom
        Abom commented
        Editing a comment
        @ jqjeske1 It's a little on the hoppy side for sure, so I don't drink it by its self much, but it's still a great beer, if you're not drinking Guiness (the greatest beer ever).

• SmokeyGator
        SmokeyGator commented
        Editing a comment
        When I was in Baastan (the letter O doesn’t exist there) I made a holy pilgrimage to the original sam Adams brewery. They give free beer after the tour!

Bud Lite baby...Bud Lite all the way

Comment

• vandy
        vandy commented
        Editing a comment
        I am with you DW!

I really like them all. Yeah, there are some bad ones; if I'm offered a bad beer at a party I just say "I'm not drinking tonight," and I get a diet soda. I can only have a max of two anyhow, more than that and I get irregular heartbeats that last for hours.

My current favorite is Ithaca Flower Power. To me it tastes like a meadow of fresh grass smells. It's hoppy, in a really good way.

Comment

Firestone Walker 805.

Comment

• Brewmaster
          Brewmaster commented
          Editing a comment
          Great beer, have one sitting in the fridge

I love Asahi Super Dry.

Comment

• gwschenk
          gwschenk commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, it goes really well with ribs.

The Silver Bullet when I'm in the mood for something light and Brooklyn 1 by Brooklyn Brewery when I'm in the mood for something strong (9.00% alcohol).

Comment

Guinness! It's a meal in a glass,

Comment

• BigBear
            BigBear commented
            Editing a comment
            Love it on tap when the barkeep knows how to pour a perfect Guinness Draught. It's a beautiful thing!

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            My true fave! In an establishment, given a choice, I'll pretty much always choose Guinness, although less so if I'm eating.

Right now I'm halfway through a sixer of Pilsner Urquell, and if you haven't tried it lately you should revisit it. In 2012 they changed from green bottles to brown, and instituted a "freshness initiative", packing the bottles in "fully enclosed secondary cartons that ship from the brewery within 30 days aboard refrigerated containers."

The stuff's good, real good, a nice change from all the IPAs.

Comment

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            Talked #1 I'm the world for many years awesome back. An awesome crisp clean pilsner.

• Willy
            Willy commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad to hear they've switched to brown. I just can't get why brewers like Grolsch, Beck's and the like use green or clear.

My favorite is Michelob, has been for a long time. Lately, though it seems to be falling out of favor with the public and it's getting hard to find.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Regular Michelob is great, very smooth and, ehhh I guess I'll say buttery! And you're right, it's hard to find the regular. For a long time Coors regular was hard to find, now it seems to be gaining back some popularity.

• Obi-Dan
            Obi-Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            Of the big-time, big-name brews, I always thought Michelob was very underrated and stood well above the Millers, Buds, and Coors' of the world.

I make my own so...
          For starters, IPA.
          After that, and especially when smoking meat, I go with more citrusy, like wheat beers. If I buy them, I go with Blue Moon.

Comment

• IrondeQuer
            IrondeQuer commented
            Editing a comment
            Got a refrigerator full of Shock Top. Blue Moon works too!

In the hotter weather I'll usually grab a lawnmower beer like Miller Lite. Sitting by the fire in the winter I like Newcastle Brown Ale.

Comment

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            ANother stellar choice. I think I'm starting to sound like I love them ask, and. . .

I passed the bar in 1980 (and haven't passed another one since! 😯

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol Dewesq55

• Danny Mac
            Danny Mac commented
            Editing a comment
            Never heard that term before "lawnmower beer" I like it. Going to use it when I'm ask for beer. I'm going to say to them beer or lawnmower beer.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here