Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine bottles and crimped crown caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    MBMorgan, that was my concern. Thank you! Should work for kombucha though?

• Attjack
    replied
    I do not believe you can use a crown cap on the average wine bottle. If I were you I would head to the brewshop and pick up a case of 22 oz bottles.

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Richard ... I'd be very leery of using ordinary wine bottles for beer. They simply aren't designed to withstand the pressure ... unless, of course, you're thinking of sparkling wine/champagne bottles. Back in my early brewing days, I used to contact local bars to see if they would let me have empties. Once in a while, one would say "yes". Beer-drinking friends are also a good ... and likely more sanitary ... source of empties, too.

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    So, I believe they will, as I see lot’s of people bottle that way, I may even start drinking some of the beers like Grolsch, just to get the bottles. I’m not sure how often one needs to replace the rubber seal, and that expense. Hence, while collecting, I’m kind of hoping to use some wine bottles, for the beer that I give away. Maybe I just need to buy some wine corks as well..

• smokenoob
    replied
    will this work?

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    started a topic Wine bottles and crimped crown caps

Wine bottles and crimped crown caps

My wife enjoys wine, so we tend to have an empty bottle or two during a week or more. I’m trying to find cheap ways to bottle some of my beer until I build up enough empties collected.
    ‘
    I am not sure if I can put a crown cap on top of a wine bottle for beer Will it hold the pressure with out blowing a cap off? I’ve also considered as a way to give friends some kombucha so I don’t have to possibly not get a bottle back. I did just test as far as will it crimp, and will it leak? It does crimp, and does not seem to leak when help upside down.

thoughts?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here