Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to avoid Lawnmower Beer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Glory
    commented on 's reply
    bbqLuv not a fan of "Lite" Beer at all. When I said Lighter, I meant "Lighter Style" not Lite Beer. A crafted Pilsner can be exceptional. Think Scrimshaw, Smuttynose Vunderbar!, Prima, and Precept. All fantastic cold out of the cooler. So cold it hurts your hand!

• smokenoob
    replied
    Definitely hide your beer from your lawnmower, only when she is done cutting does she get one!

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    "Lite" or "Light" beer such as Coors Silver Bullet, if you want to call that PeeWater beer, is best served cold. Cold enough to numb taste buds to inhibit the tasting of it.
    I don't order it, I don't buy it, I don't turn it down when offered.

• Old Glory
    replied
    I define lawnmower beer as a lighter beer like a pilsner or pale ale to be consumed ice cold after mowing the lawn. Nothing better!

Good beers can be slightly warmer but I still like cold beer. No thanks on the cellar temps or cask conditioned flat warm beer.

I love crisp carbonated cold Western Style IPAs.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    ComfortablyNumb
    ROTFLMFAO, Brother !!!!!
    Make sure to point out any spots she mighta missed, as well...

"Today is a good day to die"...
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 8, 2021, 06:56 AM. Reason: F

• TxF
    replied
    Here’s a Pro Tip, leave the beer iced down on the back porch so you can swing by and have a sip when you get thirsty, keeping it in the cup holder on the mower will make a mess.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• pkadare
    replied
    PBR should be run over with the lawnmower, does that qualify it as lawnmower beer?

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    replied
    Next up: how to attract lawnmower beer!

Leave a comment:

• Greygoose
    replied
    I think PBR’s are an exception to the rule,,,,,
    Most of the PBR’s I have consumed were served at 65 degrees or warmer,,,,LOL 👍👍👍

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Cheers, amigo!

Lookin forward to yer adventures, an experiences

Be safe an well, alla y'all, down yonder...
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 8, 2021, 06:45 AM. Reason: s vs. d

• au4stree
    replied
    I ❤️ beer. And bourbon. And gin too. What’s even better is the friends we imbibe said beverages. Happy PBR or whatever you choose my friend.

Leave a comment:

• Red Man
    replied
    Wait...you mean if the mountains are blue my beer is too cold!?!

Leave a comment:

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    St. Arnold’s Brewery makes a beer called Lawnmower. I wouldn’t chug it, and I haven’t found a better one to drink after cutting the lawn. I wouldn’t want to avoid it.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    started a topic How to avoid Lawnmower Beer.

How to avoid Lawnmower Beer.

One of the finer points of beer enjoyment that’s too often overlooked is the proper serving temperature. Serving beers at their proper temperature may take a little extra effort or planning, but the rewards are significant. Drinking beer at the proper temperature allows you to really taste the beer.

Quality beers shouldn’t be served colder than 44 degrees Fahrenheit. Here are some general temperature guidelines for different beers:
    • Serve most premium lagers between 42 and 48 degrees Fahrenheit (6 to 9 degrees Celsius) and quality ales between 44 and 52 degrees Fahrenheit (7 to 11 degrees Celsius).
    • Serve authentic Stouts as warm as 55 degrees Fahrenheit (13 degrees Celsius), which is British cellar temperature.
    • Serve some high-gravity Barleywines, Old Ales, and barrel-aged Stouts only very lightly chilled or at room temperature, like a snifter of brandy.

In the United States, most beers are served much too cold for serious appreciation. In fact, ice-cold temperatures ruin the flavor of good beer. The average refrigerator is set to keep food and drinks chilled at around 38 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit (about 4 degrees Celsius), but serving beers at this temperature has several negatives, including the following:
    • The colder the beer, the less carbonation is released; the less carbonation that’s released, the less aroma the beer gives off.
    • The palate is numbed to the point that it can’t discern many of the beer’s flavor nuances. (So this explains why some beers are best served just above the freezing mark!) Why bother drinking a beer if you can’t taste it? May as well have a Slurpee.

Cold temperatures = less carbonation released = less aroma = less taste = why bother? Save the really cold temps for lawnmower beer — the kind you chug down after mowing the lawn (taste? who cares?).

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here