Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to avoid Lawnmower Beer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• latenight71
    replied
    hog wash

Click image for larger version

Name:	cold beer.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	1028838

Leave a comment:

• latenight71
    replied
    Cheers to lawn mower PBR!

Name:	PBR lawn mower.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	1028836

Leave a comment:

• latenight71
    replied
    why would anyone want to avoid lawn mower beer. it's the stuff dreams are made of

Name:	Lawnmower-beer-2.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	1028832

Leave a comment:

• Argoboy
    commented on 's reply
    Now that you are retired you must have time to shop prices more? I like local craft beer more these days.

• Willy
    commented on 's reply
    Yep. Carbonation and riding mowers don’t mix.

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    Shudda got some big old articulating 7000 series or the like, an air ride seat model.

• Max Good
    replied
    One of the reasons I bought a John Deere riding lawnmower was the drink holder next to the seat. I pictured myself happily zooming about drinking beer and puffing a cigar while trimming the grass. I was dismayed to find that the mower vibration churned up my beer into foam. BLAH! I thought you were going to address this dilemma.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Ain't thing one wrong with a well crafted pilsner...
    Light Beer is yet, another thing...
    I always tell folks that it's th leftover rinse water, from third, mebbe fourth time they worsh out th brewin tanks, after makin some Real Beer lol!!!!

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    That means another beer run. She is worth it, I have to say.

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    Certainly no engineer here but the Men's room I used to sling beer at used a CO2 system.
    The tapsmen walked a fine line between a glass of foam, a glass of apple juice and a cold refreshing iced cold draft beer with a nice head on it.
    I tried the taps on numerous occasions, it was an art, try as I did, just couldn't get right.

• Jfrosty27
    commented on 's reply
    Pro tip: Hire a neighborhood kid to cut the lawn. Sit on patio or porch with wife drinking beers or other adult beverages while watching the kid cut the lawn and tending the smoker.

• Mosca
    commented on 's reply
    If you cook your steaks by using the JKF method, you’ll notice that at the beginning you flip every 30 seconds or so, then as time goes on you’re flipping more and more often, until at the end you’re flipping every second or two! Exponents in action!

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    I just duct tape the safety bar open and carry my beer

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    No, please no....
    At $2.20 at tall boy, $1.85 when its on sale, its all I buy anymore.
    Only thing cheaper is Laker at $2 a tall boy and they're Lager goes down like barbed wire.
    I do buy Laker Red for cooking.

• Bruceski44
    replied
    In one of my engineering classes, we had a test which included a question on exponentials, which said: "A fisherman takes a beer out of the cooler at temperature 10 C, at the same time he gets a bite on the line. He puts the beer down in the bottom of the boat, at temperature 25 C while he fights the fish. If the beer heats up with a time constant of X (I don't recall the specific quantity), how long will it take for the beer to heat up to 15 C and be undrinkable?"

I knew the answer needed an exponential equation to answer it, and using my trusty graphing calculator, got the right answer. I was the only student to get it right. But then I went on to tell the Prof the beer never gets too warm to drink. Beer is precious.

Coincidentally, the expressed product of our BBQ love (the meat) also heats up following an exponential curve. If the meat's time constant is known and it's starting temperature and the cooker temperature, one should be able to calculate the ending time fairly precisely. But alas, all the other variables! And the beer consumed fuzzies the math.

On a related note, I had a kegerator for a while and the CO2 pressure depended on the storage temperature and type of beer in order to get just the right amount of carbonation between flat and foamy pour. It takes a lot of CO2 to carbonate beer, many times the beer's volume. Each type of beer has its own number, determined by the brewer and brewing process.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here