Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do ya like heat in your beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do ya like heat in your beer?

Worlds hottest beer:

Signal One Challenge by Maltese Brewing Company is a Chilli / Chile Beer which has a rating of 3.6 out of 5, with 41 ratings and reviews on Untappd.

It's a little over an hour from me, and I ain't gonna make the trip...

Plus that Fredericksburg area is the worst part of 95!

Comment

Hard pass.

Comment

If I want some heat in my beer, I just make myself a Michelada. You can find any of a number of recipes for it on the Internet. Its basically a Bloody Mary with beer instead of vodka, Tajin seasoning and some other stuff.

Comment

I like the flavor but not the heat in my beer. Our local brewery has a jalapeno beer that is quite popular. It captures the flavor of the jalapeno and not much of the heat. I was talking with the owner today as he was slicing peppers for the current batch and he said he was surprised at how popular it had become.

Comment

Nope, nope, nope.
            Just good old fashioned Budweiser or PBR for me.

Comment

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh lord. You didn’t just mention PBR ? 😂

Not when it's pineapple flavored.

Comment

I had a spicy IPA at a local brewery one time, and it was mildly spicy - enough so that I ordered it more than once. Drinking ghost pepper juice though? No thank you!

Comment

Do I? No! And I like heat more than most folks.

Comment

Ive had some spicy beers that are actually pretty good. Founders (MI) made a mango habanero brew that was quite tasty.

Comment

NO!!!

Comment

Not my cuppa tea....or pint of beer....I want a icy cold beer to get away from the heat not increase it.

Comment

I accidentally bought a spicy beer once. I hated it. It was the only beer I hated in my life. Bought the 4-pack of course. Still drank all of it. Didn’t want to waste money. 😅

Comment

• Steve B
                          Steve B commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Or beer. 😁

• scottranda
                          scottranda commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Steve B I could’ve wasted the beer. My palate didn’t like it!

I have to wait another week to try it, but I made a bunch of chipotles for a brewing friend a while back. He said it smelled very peppery and was extremely active so we'll find out... plan to cheat and share on SUWYC since technically I cooked the ingredient even if someone else brewed it... but as far as heat in beer, I don't want it spicy but I've had some VERY good ghost pepper beers that had the aroma and slight heat but still did their own thing. Also had a few where I might as well have drank cold hot sauce, no thanks.

Comment

I've had more than three chili pepper beers, although I can't remember all the names. Stone Brewing makes a pair of them they call "Crime" and "Punishment." SWMBO and I decided we'd try Punishment first, because that was going to be the hotter of the two, right? It was tough to drink. Then we tried Crime. Boy were we wrong. It was far worse, and aptly named if you ask me, because it's a crime to treat beer that way. I won't be going back to the well anytime soon.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here