Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That BBQ Joint in Madison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That BBQ Joint in Madison

I would like to bring attention to That BBQ Joint on 901 Williamson St, Madison, WI 53703 (Closed Monday and Tuesday). Just so you know my background, I have been a small time (2 - 3 contests a year) competitor for over 12 years and have eaten at many of the Classic BBQ restaurants in the US. I will say that That BBQ Joint is tied with Pappy's Smokehouse (St Louis) for the best ribs that I have ever eaten at a restaurant. Pulled pork is really good, Brisket and chicken are just OK for me. I really like mixing their regular and hot BBQ sauce together. Sides are quite good but the Hush Puppies are outstanding. Highly recommend a visit if you are in Madison.

Gracias, Pepe, and welcome aboard.

Comment

Welcome Pepeq

Comment

Originally posted by Pepeq View Post
        I would like to bring attention to That BBQ Joint on 901 Williamson St, Madison, WI 53703 (Closed Monday and Tuesday). Just so you know my background, I have been a small time (2 - 3 contests a year) competitor for over 12 years and have eaten at many of the Classic BBQ restaurants in the US. I will say that That BBQ Joint is tied with Pappy's Smokehouse (St Louis) for the best ribs that I have ever eaten at a restaurant. Pulled pork is really good, Brisket and chicken are just OK for me. I really like mixing their regular and hot BBQ sauce together. Sides are quite good but the Hush Puppies are outstanding. Highly recommend a visit if you are in Madison.

Thanks! I had heard of a place called "Fat Jack's" I think that's near Mad Town. I might go rent the old Cessna 172 out and make a day trip to check that place out.

Comment

• DeusDingo
          DeusDingo commented
          Editing a comment
          fat jacks in in monona

i live like 10 minutes away and i have not been here yet. i'll have to stop by soon

Comment

Welcome Pepeq

Comment

Welcome pepe keep q ing! !

Comment

Another good bbq place in mad town is smoky Jon's on packers ave. Great brisket and ribs, and they have a fantastic sauce.

Comment

Thanks for your post, and I'm sorry to see you're a former member. But - is this proof of an afterlife?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here