Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LDs BBQ, East Troy WI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDs BBQ, East Troy WI

Just 15-20 minutes north of the WI-IL border, north of Lake Geneva, LD is putting out some great authentic bbq. Brisket is outstanding, pulled pork terrific and the Weds Meatloaf special should not be missed. The beans seem pretty generic until that first rib-tip hits your taste buds, oh yea! And did I mention this is all oak wood smoked and being done in the back of the BP gas station? Terrific!!

Agree it's the best bbq in SE WI. I hear they are moving to their own building.

Comment

They have a really big Lang. Will they stay in East Troy? Click image for larger version

Name:	B48909D2-DE88-422B-892C-F397902A2B7D.jpeg
Views:	433
Size:	266.0 KB
ID:	571686Click image for larger version

Name:	A926A0D6-5EDE-406E-87AF-1B694DB7B1F7.jpeg
Views:	416
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	571684Click image for larger version

Name:	AFC0B70C-982C-4059-911F-6C2954EF7BD5.jpeg
Views:	383
Size:	247.6 KB
ID:	571685Click image for larger version

Name:	EB704909-85B4-4961-A09B-3DB1258A2F2E.jpeg
Views:	409
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	571683

Comment

He is taking the old Burger King building just down the street.

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Fitting, from fake flame broiled to the real McCoy.

Have been here twice now. Ribs are fantastic and you have to get the corn bread. A little concerned with the brisket as they cut a lot up and place in a pan out front to serve for the sandwiches. Would rather have it similar to Texas where they cut the brisket in front of you - but the set up of course is different.

Comment

I am in Madison and this is now on my winter bucket list. Were the prices OK?

Comment

• Bill M
            Bill M commented
            Editing a comment
            a little high but not unreasonable. Of course I get the sampler platter which is about $21. Chicken, sausage, brisket, ribs and two sides. I recommend the corn bread and the beans.

I was there with some friends early this spring and i ordered brisket, pulled pork, chicken, ribs, corn bread, and potato salad. Sad to say that the potato salad was the highlight of tbe meal. 2/10. Would not recommend.

Comment

The Wednesday meatloaf special should not be missed! Just terrific. But get there early. They only make a certain amount and usually sell out by early to mid afternoon. They officially open at 11AM. The last time we visited, we were in the area and stopped by at 10:30 because we were driving right by. They were open and ready. We had our early lunch (yum) and as we were leaving @ about 11:15 or so, there was a line of 8-10 already formed.

We have had literally everything on the menu here and all is great Q. Take a drive out to East Troy, WI. It will be worth it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here