Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issaquah - Jak’s Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issaquah - Jak’s Grill

Jak’s is a great steakhouse. The meat is all Prime, the atmosphere is semi dive, the bar is small, but has a great bartender. 2 martinis will do you in. They always have a decent special on local Washington wine. The tables are plywood. Before the great lockdowns, they didn’t take reservations. Instead, you put your name in at the door, and they texted you when a table was ready. Usually 45 minutes later. Which meant you could go up the street to the Mexican joint and grab a beer while you waited.

There are three Jak’s .... Issaquah, West Seattle, Laurelhurst. I recommend Issaquah over the others.

Prices are better than going to boiled shirt and bow tie places like Daniel’s Broiler or The Metropolitan Grill and the steak is just about as good.

I've been to Seattle for business several times, but I'm really there to eat. So many great restaurants. I'll hit Jak's next time, for sure.

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      You absolutely should. If you’ve been to The Met, Jak’s is on par food wise, but has a dive feel instead of upscale feel.

Do they Have PBR? here is the Portland area 10 barrel brewing co produces pub beer.

Comment

I'll second on Jak's Grill. We used to live only a bit south of the West Seattle location, close enough to walk home. My neighbor was one of the owners of West 5 across the street so we would hang there while waiting for a table.

Easily as good as the Met, without needing a second mortgage.

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Going to Jak's tonight for my last dinner out before lockdown

Took a couple pictures in Jak’s last night. Highly recommended, as always. They do use Open Table for reservations when we come out of lockdown.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8836CF2C-E5E8-4C77-A5E9-C41434BCAE83.jpeg
Views:	177
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	941978

Name:	630380D8-8985-43D2-8916-2ABFA2D5E202.jpeg
Views:	175
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	941979

Name:	65003EC4-776C-467A-9320-526A08E9A8B7.jpeg
Views:	167
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	941980

Comment

• bardsleyque
        bardsleyque commented
        Editing a comment
        been there done that! Sunday brunch is awesome! The "Jack Bennie" is one of my fav's.

Have never enjoyed the ambiance or food at Jaks. Have enjoyed Melrose Grill in Renton much more.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here