Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Longhorn BBQ - Auburn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longhorn BBQ - Auburn

Normally I do all the grill and BBQ for our backyard parties. However, for our son's graduation I had it catered. He wanted his parents involved in the party, not busy doing food stuff. We had Longhorn BBQ in Auburn do the catering. Their food is really good. If you are looking for either a restaurant to eat Q at or someone to cater your party, I highly recommend them.

http://thelonghornbbq.com/web/ .... the have restaurants in Auburn and Spokane.
    Last edited by ecowper; June 16, 2015, 01:17 PM.

Longhorn is perhaps the most popular Q in Washington. Originally from near the Spokane Airport, they've branched out and and consolidated several times over the years. Great restaurant on US2 near the airport, still. Cater virtually everything in the columbia basin farms.

Their sauce is a bit too sweet for my taste, but quality meats (ribs, turkey, beef and chicken) always come through. There's better around in my opinion, but for consistency of product and reliability, they're pretty hard to beat.

Comment

I thought their chipotle sauce was pretty decent. Didn't really like their standard sauce ... a bit sweet, like you said. Is there better Q in WA? Yes ... at my house ;-)

Comment

Longhorn BBQ is garbage. I've eaten at the Spokane restaurant on Hwy 2 several times and have left disappointed every time. There really isn't any "great" BBQ in the Pacific NW.

Comment

ecowper I would give it a try just because Eric recommended it.

Which location did you like Eric?

Comment

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry Marauderer, totally missed this. Auburn, WA

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg71 View Post
          Longhorn BBQ is garbage. I've eaten at the Spokane restaurant on Hwy 2 several times and have left disappointed every time. There really isn't any "great" BBQ in the Pacific NW.

Perhaps a bit of hyperbole. Too sweet? Yeah, for me. Does it compete with Texas BBQ...yeah, probably East Tejas stuff.. Or others..it's sweet enough to please a KCBS person. You're disappointed, so it's garbage, and therefore there's no great bbq in the Pac NW? Well, I've had mex in New England, and Salmon in Texas, and yeah, folks don't necessarily get it, but that don't make it garbage.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
            Danjohnston949 commented
            Editing a comment
            You can take that to the Bank Guy! Dan

I've eaten at the Longhorn on Rt 2 since the early 80's. In the 80's and early 90's it was very good. For the last 10-12 years, it has really gone downhill - maybe management, maybe a lot of roadwork kept folks away, or both. Whatever, I can't comment on the Auburn locale as never been there. Their place in Pioneer Sq. was decent, especially for a quick lunch, but it's been long gone.

As for their sauce, yep it's too sweet for my taste, but my wife loves it. A few weeks back, I ordered some "You Know You Want It" sauce from Rabbit in Texas, and I gotta say it's hard to tell the diff between that and the Longhorn, except for the price.

Gary

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
            LA Pork Butt commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m wondering, have your standards over time raised the bar?

Many years ago We would frequent Auburn longhorns happy hour after working at the lazy B. Free ribs.
          It was ok.

Comment

A few years ago we were vacationing with friends in Washington State and stopped for gas (can’t remember which town). We asked for advice as to a good place to eat and were directed to a place that had Whale in its name, so I was expecting seafood. They were offering BBQ, so I thought I would give the pulled pork a try. Boy was I pleasantly surprised. While there are some meccas for BBQ, great BBQ can come from anywhere.

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, agree. One of the best pulled pork sandwiches I ever had was at a small bar in Chico, CA. I ordered it cause I didn’t see anything else on the menu interesting and figured that, worst case, I still was having pulled pork.

In the ensuing years, Q in the 509 has got nothing but better. Lots of options in Spokane: Ive had great stuff from One Night Stand bbq truck, Tt’s, O’Doherty’s in the valley, and there’s lots new I haven’t had. I don’t know if we’ve a local or regional style yet, red sauces tend to the sweet side, but there’s a few mustard or vinegar based sauces that’ll make you smile. Its a good time to like good food here!

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              I haven’t been that way in a couple years. thinking should come over and spend a couple days eating Q and enjoying the area.

• ComfortablyNumb
              ComfortablyNumb commented
              Editing a comment
              If you get a chance head out to Davenport and try The Tribune...if they have survived in the past year.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here