Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pecos Pit Truck Is Great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pecos Pit Truck Is Great

No idea about the restaurant, but their food truck is top notch. Ribs were done traditional Texas style, just salt and pepper. Chicken, same thing. The Smoked Spuds were killer and the potato salad was pretty darn good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DBCF53D1-0212-4292-8287-5A3CBC4D3A6A.jpeg
Views:	464
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	879646

Name:	BC31B003-FF7F-4400-8D73-F384179BD62A.jpeg
Views:	467
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	879645

Name:	CFD3FB03-A7DA-4495-B9AC-A07256C935DF.jpeg
Views:	446
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	879644

I'm generally not a salt and pepper person for ribs, but those look awfully tasty!

Comment

Seriously those ribs look first rate!

Comment

HouseHomey Jpe616 those ribs were really good. Just about as perfectly done as possible. Clean bites off the bone, but not falling off the bone. The bark was peppery. My normal style is more Memphis, but those ribs were really good. Fantastic BBQ Food Truck. A friend of ours hired them to cater her daughter’s graduation party.

Comment

Good stuff to be sure. They look like they were nicely cooked in the perfect zone where they not overly overly messy / greasy and not dried out on the other side. It's got me curious now to do some ribs with such a basic dalmatian rub to see how they turn out. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Comment

Pecos Pit was originally started by a married couple in an old gas station on So. First near SODO. He ran the pit and made the sandwiches at the prep table behind his bride who worked the window. They only did one size sandwich, three sauces (m, med, h). Your choice of three or so bag o' chips and one size drink in a small hand full of flavors. Only did lunch, only week days. He was a sandwich assemblin' maestro, and she ran the order window to perfection. If you wanted to eat there it was on one of about half a dozen picnic tables outside. They did a lot of "take out". Loved their simple business model and the food was very good, always.

I think they've retired now and sold the business to a next generation of folks who are expanding it to suit their objectives. They have a website where you can read more of the back story as well as info on their second brick and mortar site as well.

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              I’ve never been to their brick and mortar, but the truck was great. And still keeping it simple. Ribs, chicken, brisket, pulled pork.

• BruceB
              BruceB commented
              Editing a comment
              Loved the original site across from Starbuck's HQ.

Looks top notch. Taste taste is probably not far behind.

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              I can definitely recommend the truck for some good grub

Pecos Pit is Seattle's most popular bbq sandwich stop. The original owner had butcher and bbq experience. Meat is smoked using an alder fire in a large commercial unit, no pellets or shortcuts. The sauce is great too but masks how exceptional rhe meat is. Original location is open only for lunch. New franchise store uses drying warming lights-boo, hiss.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here