Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gabriel’s Fire in Mountlake Terrace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gabriel’s Fire in Mountlake Terrace

This place is just north of Seattle. It’s a little over an hour from my house, but I try to swing in whenever I’m driving by. I was driving by on my way home from work today so I had to get some takeout to support my favorite bbq place. The brisket is outstanding! Everything I’ve gotten there has been great, but around here good brisket is so hard to find, I can’t bring myself to order anything else. Their beans and potato salad are fantastic too.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	91271C30-5757-4762-A966-4E8FA911FA5E.jpeg
Views:	292
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	820841

You're lucky. It's a barren wasteland around here. Just a Dickies or Dickys which ever. But you couldn't pay me to go there.

Comment

Looks good. Kudos to you for supporting these places. Such a hard time for them right now

Comment

Dang, I’m going to have to drive my butt up to Mountlake Terrace I see

Comment

Wow, that looks incredible! I can almost taste it and its soft texture...[drool].. There's so many hidden gems in BBQ that don't seem to get much attention outside of their local circle.

Comment

Now that is inspirational! Enjoy.

Comment

I live a half mile from these guys. Redman is right, the brisket is really good and they always ask what sauce I want with it and I'm always like "guys... it doesn't NEED sauce!"

Two guys from Texas that have turned a little shack into a really good Q place. I think they're doing takeout still... I hope they survive this pandemic thing.

PS: this is one reason I don't smoke brisket. It's just me at home, so I don't have a crowd to feed and while it would be cheaper to do it myself, it's way easier to grab a pound of brisket here when I get the craving.
              Last edited by rickgregory; March 27, 2020, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Red Man
                Red Man commented
                Editing a comment
                Their sauces are really good, but of course I never get sauce for brisket. They only serve sauce on the side, or on sandwiches. They were still open yesterday, but are taking it day by day. If I lived a half mile from them, I’d probably never smoke brisket either! rickgregory
                Last edited by Red Man; March 27, 2020, 09:01 PM.

• rickgregory
                rickgregory commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, I like the Carolina sauce especially. I always ask for it with the brisket, then use it on other stuff.

Wanted brisket last night, grabbed a pound of it from these guys and some 'slaw. They're doing take out and delivering to the car outside - not even letting people in now. Weird times. But awesome brisket:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0354.jpeg
Views:	210
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	825534

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks fantastic. I have one on the smoker today, and this has got my mouth watering for it!

• rickgregory
                rickgregory commented
                Editing a comment
                This was really done as well as I can imagine brisket being done. Pull apart but with that slight resistance, smoky but not overly so. They give you a sauce of your choice on the side but that's still sitting in its container as this needed nothing at all to be delicious

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here