Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cave Man Kitchen, Kent WA - tip top, top notch smoking service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cave Man Kitchen, Kent WA - tip top, top notch smoking service

This came up in an earlier read of mine today, so I thought I'd give Cave Man a shout out! Cave Man claims a patented Smoke-Roasting method that will be of interest to folks in King County - (hope the business survives the fire ban!). Of interest to any of us that want to look into how a smoke-roasting method gets a patent.

I first learned of these guys when I dropped off a couple Sockeye Salmons I caught in 2006, for smoking. 3 days later I picked up - at ~ $ 1.50 / lb. I think - perfectly done smoked salmon. I was on the road working for Boeing at the time, and had no way to do this myself.

They were eager to talk about their methods, had no secrets, shared, support local backyard smokers with know-how, basically just great people - like the PIT. (maybe they're members?)

If you're in King County or SeaTac area, want some know-how, or want to have a cut or catch smoked to compare to your own, you can't go wrong if you look them up.

Caveman Kitchen specializes in delicious and unique BBQ catering in Medina, WA and the surrounding areas. Give us a call to see our BBQ offerings.

FIVE STARS, from me, anyway.
    ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

i totally agree ... Cave Man Kitchen is the real deal.

PS working for Boeing? Are you in my industry?

Comment

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      After Labor Day I will be in Toulouse for a week ... life’s interesting

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      I sent you a PVT, I hope. You know me, not really technical. ;o)

I remember Caveman Chicken from back in the late 70s when I lived in Kent. As a 4 or 5 year old I couldn't really appreciate it but have wanted to go back for years. Might have to make a point of it when I am there in the fall.

Comment

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      You won't regret it. That roast-smoked chicken is great...

• BruceB
      BruceB commented
      Editing a comment
      Caveman was go-to lunch spot in the late 70s, used to work in north Kent. Pork Cubes (now known as burnt ends) and the original Hobo Potatoes.

Went back later after the original owner had died and the food just didn't seem the same.

Check the King Count restaurant inspection scores when choosing dining spots.

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      The places that have been in business the longest with the lowest scores . . . You know, the Joints with all the cars parked in front, are the best. Now covid restrictions are not helping to find them. But they have a Neon PBR sign in the window.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here