Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ in the middle of nowhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ in the middle of nowhere

The middle of nowhere being in the Columbia Basin, specifically Davenport, WA. The name of the place is the Tribune Smokehouse Davenport is only 35 miles from Spokane, but once you past Airway Heights you'll be traveling through coulees of hay, wheat, and barley until you get to the Cascades. This is an example of what you see.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0696.jpg Views:	1 Size:	875.5 KB ID:	530917

When you get to Davenport, don't blink as you can drive through the town in 30 seconds at 30MPH. Located on one corner is the Tribune. UPS was sending me to Moses Lake to cover for a driver and fortunately I had my eyes open. I had dinner two nights in a row.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0693.jpg Views:	1 Size:	823.8 KB ID:	530918

The food is incredible, beats any BBQ I've had in Spokane hands down. Worth the drive just to have dinner. The most unique thing on the menu I've tried so far is the Smoked Potato Salad. Yes, you read that correctly. They make potato salad and then smoke it. The owner told me the day before I ate there the first time that three guys had come from Moses Lake to get three pounds of it to go and three pounds of it to eat there. I was amazed at it and asked. He said to me they make the salad then put it in the smoker cold. He ruined a lot salad before perfecting the exact wood, time and temp to pull it off.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0692.jpg Views:	1 Size:	611.9 KB ID:	530915

The first night I had the Three Meat Sampler, ribs, chicken and brisket. Didn't think to take a pic until 2/3rds of the way through. It came with one side, so I chose the beans and got an extra side of potato salad, which is brought to the table in a small mason jar with a lid.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0701.jpg Views:	1 Size:	622.8 KB ID:	530916

The next night I had the burger. They smoke the meat beforehand and then finish on the flattop. It came with fries, but I added cole slaw and potato salad. Good thing I was on my way home and not to work!

Now joy of joys, UPS is sending me back to Moses Lake this week. So tonight I can eat there and then on my way home Friday.

Last edited by ComfortablyNumb; July 11, 2018, 11:08 AM.

Thanks! I'll have to check it out the next time I'm in the area. It's amazing what you can find in some of those towns. The best barbecue I've ever eaten was in McMinnville, OR, and I keep looking for excuses to pass by. Unfortunately, those excuses can be hard to come by.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you dropped your pen last time you were there. Better go back and find it. ;-)

Thanks for the info. We go through there many times on the way to the VA and have been looking for a good place to eat. Will have to stop the next time we go through there.

Comment

Maybe time to transfer to that depot

Comment

All that wheat field needs now is a CaseIH 9250 with a 45' draper header.

That burger weighs more than I do.

Comment

35 mi from Spokane? So more the edge of nowhere than middle? I love finding hidden gems like that.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
            ComfortablyNumb commented
            Editing a comment
            Obviously, you've never been to Eastern Washington. Spokane is in the middle of nowhere!! ;-)

• Draznnl
            Draznnl commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve been to Spokane. As strange as this is to say, ComfortablyNumb speaks the truth.

When the pandemic hit restaurants took a hit by being forced to close or only offer take out or delivery. Thankfully, Tribune survived it, and for a couple of years was the only restaurant I ate at after restaurants were allowed to offer in house dining. I ate there a few weeks ago and learned the the owners are ready to retire and are putting it up for sale.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here