Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bobby's Barbeque, Chesapeake VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill
    replied
    I have not tried Bobby's brisket yet. I am a fan of the pulled pork sandwich and a frosty beverage to wash it all down with.

Last time I stopped by, their credit card machine was down and I had no cash, so I just drove on, sigh....

Maybe next time.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    JgoalieL I've had the same experience other places, either the smoke's so heavy it's bitter and sour or it's barely there. That comes from inexperienced pitmasters (or should I say pit employees) who have a bad fire w/ billowing white smoke during the cook. Sad waste of good meat that is.

By the way, welcome to The Pit! Head over to the Introduce Yourself channel when you get a minute and give us an intro!

Leave a comment:

• JgoalieL
    replied
    Well I finally tried Bobby's BBQ since I had not been there since it was Wood Chicks. I will say the ribs were very good and I like how they were on the sweeter side and the collards were very good, however I was left pretty disappointed with the sliced brisket. I'm hoping maybe it was the day but the brisket had way to much smoke on it, leaving it very bitter. I would still return to Bobby's as the staff were very friendly and made it very comfortable to eat there.

Leave a comment:

• dualsig21
    replied
    Bill,
    I live in va beach and had been to Wood Chicks before it closed down. I had no idea it was even there until I saw her on bbq pitmasters. I went on a Sunday and found the food to be ok...it had clearly been under the heatlamp for some time, however. I am certainly interested in trying out the new joint though, and am hoping for the best, as this area doesn't really have a great bbq scene (atleast that I know of).

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    started a topic Bobby's Barbeque, Chesapeake VA

Bobby's Barbeque, Chesapeake VA

Bobby's opened up after Wood Chick's BBQ went under. Visited twice so far, I have only tried the pulled pork sandwiches, no complaints, the pork has a good smoky flavor. The baked beans were really good too!

The staff is very friendly, making you feel right at home. Looking forward to the next visit.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here