Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richmond VA review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richmond VA review

RonB Saw this in the Washington Post and wanted your thoughts on the establishment. Travel through Richmond often and looking for somewhere to eat.

I think it is the best BBQ in Richmond. Now I have not been to every Q joint, but it is the best I have had. I talked "the gang" into going on a Sat when they serve beef ribs, and all want to go back, (8 people). The pork ribs were good, but not great - I was told by several that mine are better...

If you can give me a little notice, I may be able to meet you there. (Any excuse to go back... )

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Meet you there, shoot! I wanna go where they’re better. Yer address please.

I've been there a couple of times...Really good brisket and pork rubs. I haven't been for the beef ribs yet.

Daniel Vaughn, BBQ editor for Texas Monthly Magazine and the person in charge of the Texas Top 50 BBQ restaurants list, has stated that ZZQ is some of the best Texas BBQ outside of Texas. Seems like a pretty good recommendation to me.

Comment

Thank you both for your opinions. Going to have to try it sometime when I’m over that way.

Comment

I'll definitely have to give it a try when I head up that way. Donw thanks for the heads up.

Comment

I've got it on my to do list next month - I've heard from many sources that it's the best Texas style BBQ in Virginia.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here