Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Q place In Leesburg, VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Q place In Leesburg, VA

Yup, you read it correctly, Leesburg.

The Yummy Pig on Catoctin Circle.

Just went there for the first time tonight. Chatted with the owner for a while. He took over a building when a prior Q house left. It re-opened in May as the yummy Pig. The owner has been catering, but this is his first stick and brick.

Some of the best I've had, and I'll go back for more.

Ribs - darn good, not sure they are better than mine, but right up there. Good smoke flavor. Cooks lower than I do and that results in a great smoke ring.

Pulled pork. I may give up making my own - his is that good! Has mine beat hands down.

The slaw would be good on a pulled pork sammie, but too understated on its own for me.

Bacon blue cheese potato salad is off the hook!!

The bourbon BBQ sauce is also off the hook good!

Next time, I'll try brisket and tacos (with a lime and cumin sauce).

Overall, some of the best Q I've had. Ever!
    Last edited by richinlbrg; August 26, 2015, 05:29 PM.

Rich, where is it? Next time I am down there I will go.

Comment

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      17 Catoctin Circle, SE

2 doors toward King Street (Rt 15) from the Post office.

RIch, went there yesterday very good! Chatted with the owner/chef for quite some time. We will go back.

Comment

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      ALL RIGHT!

I also chatted with him. Nice guy! I hope they do well, chudzikb. Not the best facility and hasn't worked well for others.
      Really glad you liked it!

What did you have? Likes/dislikes?
      Last edited by richinlbrg; September 21, 2015, 03:47 AM.

• chudzikb
      chudzikb commented
      Editing a comment
      Wife was all about the sides. They were unique, not what I would want, but, what health conscious female sorts like? I had the beef, and rib tips, beef was better, I should have gotten some ribs, but, I did not. Corn bread was outstanding, as were the vegetarian beans. (truly needed meat to be right) Also had the scalloped potatoes with bacon, again very good. Place is a bit on the rough side, but, I am truly good with that if the food is good and the people friendly. We got both good food and friendly people, so we were good. Wife wants to try their "street tacos", next time.

Went by here today with the kids. My four year old was in a major mood for ribs. Well, they don't have them anymore. The prices have also gone up quite a bit as well. The menu looked very interesting - smoked brisket empanadas, pulled pork street tacos, fried pickles, etc - but daughter was adamant to get ribs, so my stomach and I had to go elsewhere. We went to Willard's BBQ in Chantilly instead. My ribs are better, but for a la carte on demand, Willard's is fine. I hope to try YummyPig sometime soon, however.

Comment

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      WOW
      Really sorry to read this! Sorry, but can't be. Q house and not have ribs. Have't been there in a long time, but been meaning to. Sounds like it is not my kinda place anymore.

Originally posted by Chelnerul View Post
    We went to Willard's BBQ in Chantilly instead. My ribs are better, but for a la carte on demand, Willard's is fine. I hope to try YummyPig sometime soon, however.
    I was actually at Willard's today, too -- my wife wanted to go to the crafts show at the Dulles Expo Center and I talked her into lunch first. Still the best I've found within an hour of downtown DC (though DCity Smokehouse could take the throne when it moves out of its temp space).

Comment

Largely agree with you about Willard's, generally consistent. And business is good - don't know when you were there last time, but it looks like they bought out the store next door and busted down the wall to greatly expand seating.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here