Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sugarehouse Barbecue Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sugarehouse Barbecue Company

Sugarhouse Barbecue Co.
    880E 2100S, Salt Lake City, UT
    (801) 463-4800

This place opened under a different name in 1996/1997 while I was living in Salt Lake City. The very first thing Ihad there was a super moist brisket sandwich for lunch... It was amazing. It was still good the last time I went which was around 5 years ago. Last time I was in SLC about a year ago we ran out of time and didn't get to go...
    Last edited by JPP; September 22, 2014, 01:50 PM.

Just tried another long-standing BBQ place in Midvale the other night (for comparison with my own Pit Barrel results). . . Very sad . . . sad, indeed. Then, tried another "famous" place (initials: F D), and it, too, while better, still did not measure up. Good quantit but very little smokey flavor. Haven't tried Sugarhouse BBQ and have heard good things about it, but think I'll stick with my own world-famous (at least in my own mind ) BBQ (Memphis Dust; Huskee's Rub, etc.). And, it's a LOT cheaper!

Comment

• JPP
      JPP commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, truth be told, I have to agree with you... my PBC results with ribs have me holding these sorts of places to a much higher standard these days.

I am pretty sure it is entirely the fault of this post, but your phone number is killing me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	(.png
Views:	101
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	18847
    Attached Files

Comment

• JPP
      JPP commented
      Editing a comment
      Totally unexpected... sorry!

There's a BBQ place in Mt Pleasant, about 20 min south of me, the town where CMU is. It's a little diner-sized place. I have no desire to even try it, I've been let down so much by BBQ joints.

Comment

Best current BBQ place in Salt Lake area right now is R&R BBQ downtown. Rave reviews and I have eaten there on several occasions and have never been disappointed. Try it if you are local or next time you are in Salt Lake City. You won't be disappointed! Pat's BBQ (featured on drive ins, diners, and dives) is a good second choice after R&R and it is close to downtown, just south off 2100 s.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here