Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salt Lake City, UT — Sugarhouse BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salt Lake City, UT — Sugarhouse BBQ

Today I went to Sugarhouse BBQ in Salt Lake City. In short, it was OK (better than bad). I had the burnt ends and turkey combo with potato salad and beans. It included cornbread, but I might have been better off not biting into the cornbread (it was terrible).

The burnt ends are not typically on the menu, but it was a special today. It was pretty good (best thing I ate). Turkey was average. The beans and potato salad were ok too. I also had 6 apple wood wings which you could taste the smoke, but had a weird texture (I couldn’t pin point why... perhaps they weren’t fresh?).

Enjoy the pictures! The restaurant was an old bank to which you can see the drive thru window. Smokers were Olde Hickory and it appeared they were running splits.

This was my first BBQ spot in SLC (R&R BBQ might be on my next trip). Too many good non-BBQ restaurants in SLC that I like to go to, but maybe R&R is on my next trip out here.
    Attached Files

Wow how do you mess up cornbread??

Comment

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      Turrrrrible

I hope this is not my buddy Ralph Smithers' place.

Comment

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      EdF it wasn’t a bad joint. Just my critical taste buds comparing what I do at home. As you know, most here have a difficult time eating out at bbq joints.

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Yabbut, he's a guy I respect for what I learned from him about meat in general, and about certain specifics. So it's kind of disappointing that his Q isn't standing up. I know about my backyard palate too. So, I understand.

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      Brisket burnt ends were pretty good. Ask him to sample his cornbread (eek). It’s difficult to run a joint and have consistent great BBQ. I’m not disappointed I went there. It wasn’t bad!

scottranda living in Utah I’ve tried sugar house bbq once definitely not impressed. R&R on the other hand is excellent. The original on 600 south in SLC is one of my favorites. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.
    Last edited by hogdog6; February 28, 2018, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      Perhaps next trip!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here