Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2M Smokehouse — San Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2M Smokehouse — San Antonio

This very unassuming joint was started in 2016 by two guys fulfilling their high school dream. And they have a real success on their hands with big crowds and long lines in pre-COVID times. Their drive-up business is still very brisk. All for good reasons. We stopped there today for the first time, and we’re not disappointed. Highlights included very moist, tender, and flavorful brisket, pork/Serrano/Oaxaca cheese sausage, traditional beef sausage, excellent Mexican street corn, "Maria’s beans" (pintos with chopped brisket), a nice thin sweet/spicy sauce, and even house made dill pickles. There was not a loser anywhere in our order. We will have to go back to try their pork and beef ribs. Gotta get there before they sell out! https://www.2msmokehouse.com
    Last edited by Texas Larry; December 5, 2020, 03:36 PM.

Having had the extreme luck to get to San Antonio a handful of times and sample the food there, BBQ joints must be really, really good to be noteworthy.
    Love the Riverwalk but the best places are the momnpop cantina's thru out the city.

Comment

• Texas Larry
      Texas Larry commented
      Editing a comment
      Indeed, this is one of those small unpretentious joints.

hope they make it thru the pandemic

Comment

• Texas Larry
      Texas Larry commented
      Editing a comment
      People were lining up pretty good for curbside and drive thru mid-day today. I’m pulling for them, and lots of others.

I have not been there but Esaul collaborated with ZZQ in Richmond, Va during a foodie event last year and I went. It was some really good food and I got to chat with him for a few minutes at the end of the night.

2M is definitely on my to go to list if I get to Texas.

Comment

• Texas Larry
      Texas Larry commented
      Editing a comment
      Great connection!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here