Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Franklin BBQ Shipping Nationwide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Franklin BBQ Shipping Nationwide

Franklin BBQ is now shipping nationwide, maybe old news but I just got the email
    Attached Files

Ok,
    Keep that in mind. TX

Comment

I just saw the price...Wow!

Comment

Might be the only way I will ever taste his bbq. But as noted above, wow, expensive.

Comment

I just got the email too. That price is pretty tough to justify, yet I’m still very tempted.

Comment

It was a little over $20/lb when we visited Franklin several years ago. $50/lb does not entice me - even with free shipping...

Comment

• Jfrosty27
              Jfrosty27 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ouch.

• barelfly
              barelfly commented
              Editing a comment
              I get trying to recoup lost revenue, if that’s the idea behind the shipping food. But.....that price....you can buy some seriously good quality meat for that. But, then, I’m guessing we, The Pit, aren’t the target market for this.

But $50/lb!!!! Hahaha. Damn!

Too rich for my blood!

Comment

Did they sell out already???

Comment

Okay, guys, I have a deal for you! I will cook, and ship, my brisket to you for $40/lb

Comment

• holehogg
                  holehogg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  International.

• ecowper
                  ecowper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  not sure you're gonna get brisket, but I'll ship you something ;-)

• smokin fool
                  smokin fool commented
                  Editing a comment
                  International was my question too but with exchange on the CDN peso I might as well give you the deed to my house

I'm not a stand in line for hours kind of guy, much less paying that much. But if it keeps him in business, good on him.

Comment

I'd venture a guess that by the time the "free" shipping gets paid for, plus the cost of packaging, and Goldbellys cut, Franklins is likely not getting much more than $20 per pound. What catches my eye is that their "whole brisket" is five pounds. The must raise some pretty small cows down in Texas.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                    Jerod Broussard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    His beef comes from Creekstone in Kansas.

• Panhead John
                    Panhead John commented
                    Editing a comment
                    5 lbs.? I’ve eaten ribeyes that big.

Anybody ever ordered beef from Creekstone Farms in Kansas? Significantly better price than SRF for USDA Prime.

That said the price still can't compete with Costco USDA Prime either.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Creekstone rocks, here... I'm only max a few hours down I70 from em, som my goodies git delivered in a timely fashion, an quality is exponentially beyond any store boughten, here...

There Are a few custom butchery places here, both jus recently, an I likely need to become friends with em both, see what kinda goodies I can come up with, an fer how much...

But, when I needed Primo Good, Creekstone has always taken Great Care of me...

• JakeT
                    JakeT commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for the review Mr. Bones!

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Never their brisket but I love their steaks.

The curbside pickup option for brisket at Franklin's is $29 per pound. I can see shipping adding a cost, but $21 per pound cost?

What surprises me the most is that Franklin's is still closed other than for curb side pickup. Are all Texas restaurants still shutdown? Restaurants in Alabama have been open for indoor dining for months, at reduced capacity.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                    Jerod Broussard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It may be city ordinance. I noticed our Whataburger with people inside Saturday.

• JoeSousa
                    JoeSousa commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have talked with a few local restaurants and even though they can open at 50% capacity here it just isn't worth it to open unless they can be at at least 75% capacity. I would guess it would be a similar story with Franklin.

And with Franklin there is probably no way to effectively handle the line and keep people socially distanced. The line is a huge part of the experience so losing that would take away some of the charm of a visit to Franklin.

• smokin fool
                    smokin fool commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Eat in at restaurants up here has been curtailed again because of a resurgence in plague cases.
                    Up here in the great white north its fall.
                    Temps are in the low teens, single digits at night. It was below 0C last night.
                    The places in my are haven't even opened they're patio's, its just too darned cold and rainy, at least this week to sit at a patio.
                    Then why open a kitchen and pay staff on the off chance someone will call in an order for your chicken wings.

A couple of years ago a foodie friend of mine tried a bite of my brisket and proclaimed it as good as Franklin's. I don't know about that, but at that price mine is good enough for me. I do wish him continued success, though.
                  Last edited by CaptainMike; October 20, 2020, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• Panhead John
                    Panhead John commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well, CaptainMike The only way to prove that outlandish story is to invite us over for brisket one weekend. Whatcha got open? We’ll need at least 2 weeks notice. I can bring a 6 pack of beer.
                    Last edited by Panhead John; October 21, 2020, 10:51 AM.

• CaptainMike
                    CaptainMike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well, since I'm retired Panhead John, pick any of the 7 Saturdays in a week and come on over!

• Panhead John
                    Panhead John commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’m retired too. Can you imagine if you had about 20 of us over? Every single person telling you how you should do the briskets, their way. Soon...fistacuffs break out....cops are called.....half of us in jail for drunk and disorderly. 😂

Originally posted by CaptainMike View Post
                  I do wish him continued success, though.
                  I agree. You have to be the epitome of optimism to do what he has done and endured. With that said, I ain't standing in line for 5 minutes for BBQ when Burger King is nearby with no line.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here