Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Louis Muellers in Taylor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Louis Muellers in Taylor

Just want to say a good word for Wayne and the folks at Louis Mueller´s. Ï´ve been in the front of the line the past 2 Fridays which is nice since theres no AC near the cash register and pit, only in the dining room. Really that just requires being there 10min before they open, but it forms fast once they open the doors.

I live about an hour west of Austin where I grew up. Cooper in LLano is right up the road and Ím in Austin 2 or 3 times a week with my work. Íve tried to take advantage of the lack of traffic around Austin lately to hit a the tourist BBQ spots. I haven’t found anything that I cant do at the house so far. I will say that I haven’t been to FrankliÅ„s, I just cant justify the $75 minimum and having to order at least a day in advance.

Anyhoo, the BBQ at Louis Muellers is as good as it gets nothing but salt and pepper and smoke on it, they have beans that I cant quite figure what they do to recreate them myself, Íll keep tasting them until I get it. They have the coleslaw that cleanses your pallet so you can taste each bite of food without mixing up all the various flavors. There’s lots of reasons why they have always been near the top of the Texas Monthly list.

Anyway if your in the Austin area and have a ride it´s worth the 45 min drive and while there may be a line you dont have to be in it before sunrise to get some of the best BBQ Texas has to offer.

Second this, but get there just before opening. I've showed up later to find a 30 minute + line. They are one of my all time favorite BBQ places.

Comment

This is the joint that made me decide to start queing. The pinnacle in my opinion.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Headin that way, mebbe even sooner than expected...

Things are unravelin at work, $-wise

I'll haveta check em out.

I’m going to bump this up because I decided to try the turkey on a visit least year and they ran out while I was in line. Today I was a little later than I wanted to be, but they hadn’t sold out of anything so I decided to give the turkey a try.

Without a doubt the best turkey that I’ve ever had and I now realize that almost every smoked turkey breast I’ve eaten should be considered dry. Nothing exceptional about the seasoning, I’m looking forward to the day that they can put the sauces back on the table because I love the jalapeño sauce, It was just cooked perfectly like everything else I’ve had there,

Nice to have a BBQ fix while i morn the loss of my pellet smoker.

Comment

You didn’t tell us you lost yer pooper! Do you have another cooker to smoke with? How can we help in the pickin out of yer new cooker? We are here for you, yes we are. Suggestions every one! How much money are ya lookin to spend? Help us out.

Comment

• TxF
          TxF commented
          Editing a comment
          I did post it in one of the threads where everyone was making fun of us because of the cold. I had to deal with the ice storm a few days before everything spiraled out of control.

I’ve still got the Jumbo Joe with lots of accessories and a 18.5 WSM so I’m good I just have to work a little harder. I’m going to see how good my metal bending skills are this weekend and then I’ll decide if I’m going to keep it or use it for parts for a replacement.

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          TxF I very studiously avoided making fun of Texas ..... that sort of storm is nothing to make fun of :-(

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m in Texas and I followed all the weather comments made here. I even made a few posts myself with good natured jabs at our brothers and sisters up North. I didn’t see any comments where I thought they were making fun of us. I considered those comments as just good natured jabs with no ill wishes or meanness at all in them. For everyone up north of us, keep em comin.
          Last edited by Panhead John; February 27, 2021, 02:19 PM.

I’ts not a huge deal, could have been much worse if the limb hit the orchard heater and spilled flaming diesel fuel everywhere. It’s just a budget verticals pit boss smoker, the door and the glass made it, the chimney was flattened and the top is bent down about 6in.

I’m going to try and bend it back up with a bottle jack, if it doesn’t work I’ll buy another one. The auger and the electronics should be fine so I may try to use those for a project.

Comment

My uncle in Fredericksburg suffered a pretty serious ice storm, many live oak limbs down and no power for twelve days.

Comment

• TxF
            TxF commented
            Editing a comment
            The CTEC outage map hasn’t changed much in a week. There are a lot of broken things out there.

I’ve know this was coming and didn’t trim the trees to deal with it better. I’m fond of the screech owls and the harris hawks that live in them because I don’t spend a lot of time trimming away things they like.

I definitely have some things to take care of before next winter and in the process of doing that I’ll be ready for any outages or rolling blackouts this summer.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here