Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gonna get to know Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I work (well used to work) in Greenway Plaza and ate at Feges quite a bit. Good but not in the class of the others you mentioned. Otherwise, good choices.

• Troutman
    replied
    I pretty much agree with old fracmeister , Tejas, Corkscrew, Pinkerton's and Killen's are the top four hands down. The problem is all four are a long way from Cypress, not that there's anything wrong with travelin' for some good cue. There is a small chain here in Katy that does really good brisket, has free warm rolls and ice cream, gives you tons of food, in a country backdrop called Spring Creek BBQ. I believe they may have one up US290 but Katy is close to Cypress. Again, not as good as the big four but with Htown back in a near lock down condition, you might want to tell them to stick closer to home.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to me there is no comparison. As much as I love Greg Gatlin and used to eat at his place in Oak Forest regularly, Pinkerton's is in a whole other class of bbq. It's like comparing Franklin's to Rudy's, both good but one is much gooder than the other

• BFlynn
    replied
    While, we're talking about Houston BBQ joints - assuming we ever get passed this pandemic - if anyone wants to hit Pinkerton's (right by my house) and then go to Gatlin's for a comparison, let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Willard
    replied
    Thanks. I’ll pass all of this along to my daughter and son-in-law.

Leave a comment:

• BFlynn
    replied
    Carl's is good! We've catered from there for Houston Geologic Society events!

There are lots of Lafayette transplants here too. Plenty of good cajun food. Hebert's specialty meats is run by some guys from Lafayette, as is BB's.

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    In 2008, we moved from Cypress, TX to Colorado. In Cypress, Carl's BBQ was always pretty good:

Leave a comment:

• BFlynn
    replied
    I like Gatlins. Chef Michelle is awesome.
    Rudy's is a solid choice.

A lot of people swear by Pinkertons but i think it's over priced and over hyped.

Leave a comment:

• tdimond
    commented on 's reply
    +1 for Killen's. Their steaks are killer also.

• fracmeister
    replied
    Well I can tell you that besides my back yard my favorite joints are Tejas BBQ & Chocolates (don't laugh, the chocolates are great) in Tomball and Corkscrew in Old Town Spring. Both have consistently awesome brisket.

Shocking for the location is Feges in Greenway plaza. Pinkerton's is another favorite (closed monday AND tuesday) in the heights. try both kinds of ribs. Killen's way out in Pearland does some great bbq and TexMex...

Leave a comment:

• Willard
    started a topic Gonna get to know Houston

Gonna get to know Houston

My stepdaughter and son-in-law are moving from Lafayette, La to the Houston area, Cypress area was mentioned. Now I know there is one prominent member in nearby Katy. Troutman or something like that. I’m at work so I don’t have time to scan the posts but I want some of that famous Texas brisket. Who got da BRISKY? It may be a while before I make it out there but I want some Texas Brisket!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here