Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2.5 year old Snow's brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.5 year old Snow's brisket

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but it is a testimonial to Snow's.

I bought a brisket for a special occasion about two and a half years ago. The occasion never happened and the brisket got pushed to the back of the freezer. Sunday I dug it out. It was wrapped in the original foil that Snow's provided and nothing else (three or four layers thick) - lots of rendered fat pretty much sealed it. I thawed it in the fridge overnight (well, it didn't thaw much overnight), unwrapped it, put it into a 2 gallon ziplock and sous vide it at 140* for 5 hours. It was still amazing.

On Monday I took this to the local brew pub which just re-opened (along with some pork belly burnt ends and homemade sourdough ciabatta) and it was a hit. I took the rest to work to share with my staff who also raved about it.

If you come to Texas, Snow's should be on your to-do list.
    Last edited by 58limited; May 27, 2020, 03:17 AM.

We went to Snow's on our last trip to Austin. I don't remember ever having any better than Snow's.

Comment

A true Texas tradition; real, rustic and unsurpassed

Comment

Been there, done that (with pics), lookin' forward to goin' again.

Comment

It has been on my and my son’s list. We were scheduled to go this early this year, but stuff got in the way.

Comment

Even the meat you eat is old! Sure it wasn't from 1958?

Comment

• texastweeter
              texastweeter commented
              Editing a comment
              He appreciates things that have been well aged, nothing wrong with that, lol.

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              Totally agree texastweeter I'm vintage 1958 as well. Just giving him a poke.

• 58limited
              58limited commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey, if you dry age raw beef for 60 days or so, why not dry age cooked beef for 60 years?

58limited HawkerXP they don't build em like they used to...

Comment

58limited texastweeter gcdmd Before Miss Tootsie mops her last floor at the high school and makes her last batch of bbq, we fellow Texans need to have a meet and greet at Snow's.

​​​​​​​(of course all other fellow AR brothers and sisters always welcome to come on down as well !!)

Comment

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                Wonder what Covid has done to their ability to open? Since they only do a Saturday business, maybe nothing. I’m more than game, let’s see how things go as Texas opens up in the next few weeks. A Texas m&g is WAY overdue.

• gcdmd
                gcdmd commented
                Editing a comment
                Count me in.

• 58limited
                58limited commented
                Editing a comment
                Troutman According to Snow's website they are closed but still doing mail order. With Texas starting to open they will probably open in the next month. I'll keep checking. I think it would be cool to have mini-meat ups at different Texas BBQ locations, maybe once a quarter or once every six months.
                Last edited by 58limited; May 28, 2020, 06:26 PM.

Im down like a fat man on a see saw

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here