Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you are a member you must log in now. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2.5 year old Snow's brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.5 year old Snow's brisket

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but it is a testimonial to Snow's.

I bought a brisket for a special occasion about two and a half years ago. The occasion never happened and the brisket got pushed to the back of the freezer. Sunday I dug it out. It was wrapped in the original foil that Snow's provided and nothing else (three or four layers thick) - lots of rendered fat pretty much sealed it. I thawed it in the fridge overnight (well, it didn't thaw much overnight), unwrapped it, put it into a 2 gallon ziplock and sous vide it at 140* for 5 hours. It was still amazing.

On Monday I took this to the local brew pub which just re-opened (along with some pork belly burnt ends and homemade sourdough ciabatta) and it was a hit. I took the rest to work to share with my staff who also raved about it.

If you come to Texas, Snow's should be on your to-do list.
    Last edited by 58limited; May 27, 2020, 03:17 AM.

We went to Snow's on our last trip to Austin. I don't remember ever having any better than Snow's.

Comment

A true Texas tradition; real, rustic and unsurpassed

Comment

Been there, done that (with pics), lookin' forward to goin' again.

Comment

It has been on my and my son’s list. We were scheduled to go this early this year, but stuff got in the way.

Comment

Even the meat you eat is old! Sure it wasn't from 1958?

Comment

• texastweeter
              texastweeter commented
              Editing a comment
              He appreciates things that have been well aged, nothing wrong with that, lol.

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              Totally agree texastweeter I'm vintage 1958 as well. Just giving him a poke.

• 58limited
              58limited commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey, if you dry age raw beef for 60 days or so, why not dry age cooked beef for 60 years?

58limited HawkerXP they don't build em like they used to...

Comment

58limited texastweeter gcdmd Before Miss Tootsie mops her last floor at the high school and makes her last batch of bbq, we fellow Texans need to have a meet and greet at Snow's.

​​​​​​​(of course all other fellow AR brothers and sisters always welcome to come on down as well !!)

Comment

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                Wonder what Covid has done to their ability to open? Since they only do a Saturday business, maybe nothing. I’m more than game, let’s see how things go as Texas opens up in the next few weeks. A Texas m&g is WAY overdue.

• gcdmd
                gcdmd commented
                Editing a comment
                Count me in.

• 58limited
                58limited commented
                Editing a comment
                Troutman According to Snow's website they are closed but still doing mail order. With Texas starting to open they will probably open in the next month. I'll keep checking. I think it would be cool to have mini-meat ups at different Texas BBQ locations, maybe once a quarter or once every six months.
                Last edited by 58limited; May 28, 2020, 06:26 PM.

Im down like a fat man on a see saw

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes

Spotlight

These are not paid ads, they are a curated selection of products we love.

All of the products below have been tested and are highly recommended. Click here to read more about our review process.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our “buy now” links. This has zero impact on the price you pay but helps support the site.

The Pit Barrel Cooker May Be Too Easy

The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. It’s among the best bargains for a smoker in the world. This baby cooks circles around cheap offset smokers because temperature control is so much easier. Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them.

The Efficiency Of A Kamado Plus The Flexibility Of The Slow ‘N Sear Insert

kamado grill
              Built around SnS Grill’s patented Slow ‘N Sear charcoal kettle accessory, this 22-inch kamado is a premium ceramic grill that brings true 2-zone cooking to a kamado. Click here for our article on this exciting cooker.

Bring The Heat With Broil King Signet’s Dual Tube Burners

3 burner gas grill

The Broil King Signet 320 is a modestly priced, 3-burner gas grill that packs a lot of value and power under the hood including dual-tube burners that are able to achieve high, searing temps that rival most comparatively priced gas grills. Click here to read our complete review.

Big. Bold. Flavor.

Meathead's Amazing rubs and sauce

Introduce big, bold flavor to your BBQ and grilling creations thanks to the Meathead’s Amazing line of pork, red meat, and poultry rubs as well as a KC-style BBQ sauce. Click here to read more and to purchase.