Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good eats in Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good eats in Houston

I'm going to be in Houston for a few days this week. Anybody have some good eats recommendations? I'm open to pretty much anything.

Thanks

I assume you want Q? In order my top 3 are Tejas in Tomball, Corkscrew in Old town spring, and Pinkertons in the Heights. A lot of people put Truth in there but not me. I was underwhelmed. Friday noon try a pork chop at Perry’s. Pricey at night but a very good deal then. Lupe Tortilla is my favorite "chain" Tex mex. Rudy’s is the only good chain bbq place and it is fine. Vietnamese, Thai, Chinese all awesome.

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah only 2 chain BBQ joints I'll eat at. Rudy's, and Dickies

• BFlynn
      BFlynn commented
      Editing a comment
      Pinkertons is a few blocks from my house. I think it's pretty good. But I don't think it lives up to the hype.

I like Gatlins pretty well.

Where, roughly, in Houston? The Greater Houston area is 10,000 square miles and is just a tad smaller than the area within the State of Connecticut.

When we say something is right around the corner, that might mean it is a 90 minute drive.

Comment

Calling Troutman , come in Troutman.....

Comment

Don’t some of the Astros’ have a BBQ joint there... I believe it is called Cheaters-Q!

I heard they rigged or stole their "championship winning bbq" title sign or something like that. I think they are known for their beer can chicken and boiled ribs.
        Last edited by Nate; March 1, 2020, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Nate
          Nate commented
          Editing a comment
          ComfortablyNumb , That’s it! I couldn’t recall exactly but it definitely seems we are talking of the same thing.

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          texastweeter Nothing personal, in fact, I feel for the fans of Houston. If the 2017/18 roster ever gets around to offering an apology, first and foremost should be the Houston fans.

• fracmeister
          fracmeister commented
          Editing a comment
          Thems fighting words...

I’ll second fracmeister ‘s recommendation for good Tex Mex at Lupe Tortilla.

Comment

Not BBQ but Crawfish and Noodles is good.

Comment

I'll be staying off of Sam Houston blvd. BBQ or Texmex sounds good to me. Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by fracmeister View Post
              I assume you want Q? In order my top 3 are Tejas in Tomball, Corkscrew in Old town spring, and Pinkertons in the Heights. A lot of people put Truth in there but not me. I was underwhelmed. Friday noon try a pork chop at Perry’s. Pricey at night but a very good deal then. Lupe Tortilla is my favorite "chain" Tex mex. Rudy’s is the only good chain bbq place and it is fine. Vietnamese, Thai, Chinese all awesome.
              I don't care much for Dickies and don't see the point with Rudy's everywhere

Comment

My son's wife is from Houston and he spent a lot of time there while he was in Galveston. His recommendations:

Tex/Mex - Guadalajara - Escalante's (2nd is his preference, 1st is his wife's)
                Gulf Seafood - Tony Mendola's
                BBQ - The Pit Room
                Last edited by tbob4; March 2, 2020, 01:39 PM. Reason: Added Escalante

Comment

I know you've already rolled through town
                  ​​​​​​But Stanton's is one of my top 3 lifetime burger joints

Comment

Originally posted by BFlynn View Post
                    I know you've already rolled through town
                    ​​​​​​But Stanton's is one of my top 3 lifetime burger joints
                    Thanks, seems like ages ago. I ended up going to Blood Brothers. They did not disappoint.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here