Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Station, TX area recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brisket Syndicate
    replied
    Lone Star BBQ in Huntsville was pretty good. I've only had their brisket, sausage, and beans, but it was the best I've had in Huntsville since the old man died that used to do all the cooking at the old Church.If you're coming in to town off of 30 take a right at the second light past 45. You'll see it immediately on the left. It's a red food trailer. I'm not sure how their pork and ribs are. Brisket was tender and moist with a nice amount of smoke to it. Sausage was good and smokey too. Te beans were really good and had bits of brisket in them. I think they are only open Tuesday through Saturday from 11 to 3.

Leave a comment:

• morganjim
    replied
    It was ok (Franks). Not what I expected. I did however, find Blue Moon BBQ in Hearne, TX. It is not too far from Bryan/College Station and had just what I was looking for - a little bit of everything.

​The chicken was to die for. Very well done. Ribs had just the right amount of moistness and was near fall off the bone yet still wasn't overdone. Brisket? Yes! It was tender, juicy, and flavor to kill for. That was some meat that spoke for itself! They didn't have BBQ beans but greens and potato salad were just like mom makes. I thought that maybe she was out back helping out. I have been back twice and its a 13 hour drive one way for me. Get some Hot Shots when you are there. They are bacon wrapped jalapenos that are stuffed with love.

Leave a comment:

• fracmeister
    replied
    Assuming you are looking for BBQ, the usual recommendation is Frank's.

I have reviewed it (just now)

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    What are you looking for?

Leave a comment:

• morganjim
    started a topic College Station, TX area recommendations?

College Station, TX area recommendations?

Looking for something in the College Station / Bryan, TX areas. Willing to travel.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here