Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally a BBQ joint that is better (ok, at least as good as) my best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally a BBQ joint that is better (ok, at least as good as) my best

I have two measures for a BBQ joint.

1. Is it is good as Rudy's? If not, never go back since Rudy's is plenty decent.
    2. How close is it to mine in terms of quality and taste?

Tejas Chocolate & BBQ in Tomball is as good as my best. Exceptional brisket, ribs, burnt ends, pork belly, sausage, sides and to top it off truly exceptional artisanal chocolates. Normally long lines except Tuesday..I went back today for about the 5th time.

Wow, they are just consistent and excellent.

Seriously, this is the best in the Houston area.

I know very well the excitement when you find a BBQ joint as good as your own home BBQ. I recently found that in MI of all places. I try not to be a conceited jerk, but most storebought BBQ is laughable. Edible, sure, but laughable as "real BBQ". I found one that tasted as close to my own brisket as I've ever found and I was blown away that its even possible in a commercial setting!

Comment

Thank you very much. My son will be back in Houston for Christmas with the in-laws this year. He loves trying out BBQ places. I posted a review of a place he went a couple of times in the Houston area. I can't remember the name of the place. He gave it a thumbs up but not a "home made" thumbs up. We both went to a place somewhere between Houston and Galveston that was a thumbs down. I passed on your info to him and he is excited to try it out.

Comment

Tejas is super great!!!

Comment

Huskee I know that feeling! I recently stumbled upon a bbq joint in Richmond, KY called "Straight From Texas" that had brisket that could easily pass for my own. Being a huge skeptic, I was blown away. Big fan of that place.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
            I try not to be a conceited jerk...
            Here's a song just for you (and I'll throw in Steve R. for good measure).

Comment

Here is my local spot in Minneapolis. Animales BBQ. Damn good stuff.

I know the feeling of finally finding a place that can make real BBQ.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	671A0441.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	765809

Comment

Tejas Chocolate brisket (along with Corkscrew in Spring and Killen's in Pearland) blow away anything I've ever made. In fact the single best slices of brisket I think I've ever tasted was SRF Prime at Killen's. Oh my gawd it was sublime.

Comment

• gcdmd
                  gcdmd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the tip/reminder, Steve. We'll be in Friendswood for Thanksgiving and will try to get time to check it (Killen's) out.

Why aren't yall out there winning James Beard awards?

Comment

Adam's Roadside bbq in goldsboro, nc has better brisket than mine, and everyone raves about mine

Comment

the local grocery chain - Dierberg's - sells BBQ made out in the parking lot at all the locations I've been to, so I went and took a look. At all that wood with the BARK on all the logs. So I asked, since a fella was there, "what kind of wood is that"? 'I have no idea' was his reply.

Of course in the store you can get ribs smoked in hickory or apple, and the other packages have similar claims about cherry wood and what not. I wonder how they do that?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here