Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tejas BBQ Tomball, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tejas BBQ Tomball, TX

Well Texas Monthly put it in the texas top 10 and I have been skipping it because of the lines but today the line was short and I went. Free beer while you wait in line as well as a few sodas. As you enter, the artisan chocolates are the first temptation. I suggest skipping this and coming back on your way out.

I bought a rack of ribs, 1 lb brisket, some burnt ends and soda.60$ but well worth it. The very moist prime brisket was delicious and cut thick. The burnt ends were a bit different approach...basically imagine cutting some of the pint of (maybe an inch thick) and smoking that separately. It was excellent. The ribs are sauced in the house sauce which is a think, TX brisket type sauce and not sweet. They were phenomenal. The guy at the next table was eating massive beef ribs and swore by them. I chatted with a few folks around who each swore by a different side dish. Towards the end I asked for and got a nice tour of the smokers and chatted with those tending the fire.

This was astounding Q. I love to cook and while I think my ribs are right with theirs, their brisket was as good as my best and better than my average. While I prefer the way I do burnt ends, theirs were awesome.

If you are in the Houston area I strongly recommend this place. The only place on the far north side in their league is Corkscrew up in Old Town Spring. That place was also amazing but the variety of offerings and uniform quality makes me lean to Tejas.

Rustic Chocolate and Urban Barbecue. Ranked #6 by Texas Monthly Magazine. We are serving authentic Texas barbecue where prime cuts of meat are slowly smoked in a custom barbecue pit. You’ll discover just how well cacao & barbecue go together.

Wish I had bought more

Thanks for the great review.

Comment

10-4 great write up in case I ever make it down to Houston. In Dallas in 2 weeks but no time for side trips.

Comment

Tejas Chocolate is in the top 5 in Houston area for sure. The lines at all the top joints are getting obnoxiously long but oh the cue is so worth it!! Thanks for the great review!!

Comment

• fracmeister
          fracmeister commented
          Editing a comment
          Tueday=== no lines

My wife and I went there a couple of years ago because it was in Texas Monthly's top 50 barbecue joints. We hot a dozen of them in 3 weeks RVing. Tejas Chocolate and Pecan Lodge (Dallas) were hands down the best of the lot. We didn't make it to any of the central Texas (Austin to San Antonio) places, that will be another trip next spring.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

I need to try this, got family about 10 miles away from there - time for a visit!

Comment

Here's my hit list in Houston;

#1 - Killen's in Pearland - OMG the SRF Wagyu brisket is to die for, literally !!!
              #2 - Truth in the Heights - Moved into town a year ago from Brenham, the real deal
              #3 - Tejas Chocolate
              #4 - Corkscrew in Spring
              #5 - Pit Room on Richmond Ave.
              #6 - Pinkerton's in the Heights, Franklin trained
              #7 - Greg Gatlin's - still got them killer ribs

and there are quite a few runners up. Houston is becoming a serious foodie mecca, not just bbq. Worth the culinary tour !!!

Comment

• fracmeister
                fracmeister commented
                Editing a comment
                I would now put Tejas at the top of the list. I love Killen's but Truth was really disappointing the last time I was there. Corscrew is excellent. You should try the Meating room up north of Tomball

• 58limited
                58limited commented
                Editing a comment
                Been to Killen's, BIL dragged me there and I bitched about the 1 1/2 hour wait but IT WAS WORTH IT! Pork belly, pulled pork, ribs, Dino ribs, brisket - we had it all plus sides.

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                Only been to Truth twice but it was some of the best brisket + the sides are a cut above. I guess YMMV for any of these places.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here