Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First in line at Franklin Barbecue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy dance!

Comment

Our son lives in Austin. I made the pilgrimage to Franklin the first time we visited him. As good as it was, I wouldn't do it again because there are a bunch of other Q joints I want to hit in that area.

BTW - lour son sez most of the locals wait until after the crowd thins to go. You may not get exactly what you want every time, but whatever you get will be very good.

Comment

I'd love to be there tomorrow morning, but I don't know how to pull it off from Indiana! Great post and what an experience. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Thank you for taking us along with you. Great write up and pics. Not to mention you got to see the smokers, trifecta!

Comment

Oh god I miss whiskey!

Comment

Thank you for sharing, that was awesome to follow!

Comment

luvthemstillers Thanks for taking me on a journey to a place I would love to try, but will likely never see in person. My wife would NEVER EVER wait in line 6 hours for food of any sort. She doesn't like waiting 15 minutes to be seated. I would have to do this trip without her...

Comment

• DeusDingo
                  DeusDingo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i'll wait with you, leave the wife at the hotel!

Hmmm, does Southwest fly between Dallas and Austin, I'm in Dallas the end of Sept but doubt if I'll have time to bomb down to Austin

Comment

Wow, just wow. HUGE thanks for sharing with us. This little vicarious trip to Franklin’s has me drooling and looking at flights.
                  Whoa, says that little voice, check-in with the other half and .... well, we’ll work it out! Thanks man!

Comment

Great story. I would love to go sometime but agree my wife wouldn’t wait either. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Awesome post, you da man!!

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I am due for another trip

Comment

this is cool! did you grow a whole pant size while you were there? i think i would need a nap between eating sessions and a bungee cord belt if i went there

Comment

For those of you that can’t do the wait...you can order online for pick up and skip the line, but pick up orders must be taken to go.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here