Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First in line at Franklin Barbecue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are my new Hero! Can't wait for blow-by-blow description. I'm smoking a small brisket this weekend (just the wife & me), give me something to up my game!

Comment

Welcome. Can't wait to hear about it. Definitely on my bucket list.

Comment

Living the dream!

Comment

Nice! Let us know what you think!

Also, try to make it down too Lockhart. It is an amazing BBQ town that can't be missed if you are in that area.

Comment

Picked this guy up yesterday.
            Attached Files

Comment

Enjoy! I went last fall and it was one of the best meals of my life. The turkey was my second favorite behind the brisket. But of course get some of everything.

Comment

Final prognosis: The line at Franklin is a friendly fun experience. The employees do an amazing job explaining everything to the customers and they keep the process moving. Its definitely a well oiled machine. Getting there early is definitely reccomend to get your choice of meats. As for the food itself, the brisket is as amazing as everyone says that it is. It is the perfect level of tenderness, and the bark from the rub is excellent. The ribs are melt in your mouth tender and easily bite right off the bones. The pulled pork is succulent and is made even better with Franklin's Espresso barbecue sauce. The turkey is moist, but compared to the other meats, it's just ok. As for the sides and desserts, the cole slaw is a perfect cold creamy balance to all of the rich barbecue meats. The beans are spicy, but perfectly cooked and are made even better by the burnt brisket ends that are part of the recipe. The potato salad is too much dill pickel flavor for my personal tastes, but I'm sure most people would enjoy it. As for the pies, the Bourbon Banana is delicious and definitely represents both flavors very well. My pie had at lest a half dozen slices of fresh banana in the filling. The pecan pie was also really good and probably one of the best I've tasted actually. All in all, Franklin's Barbecue was an amazing experience and should not be missed if you find yourself in Austin Texas.
                Attached Files

Comment

• RickyBobby
                  RickyBobby commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The smoked meat pictures being my favorite here, that picture of Lone Star is a close second for me!!!! My favorite all time cheap beer!!! For those not in Texas, Lone Star is like the bud light/coors light/Miller light of Texas. I actually kind of love it.

• ofelles
                  ofelles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Holy C#^* Sounds amazing Thanks for the tour.

Best post ever. I've never hit the refresh button before to see if the next pic is in.

Comment

Awesome...I’m so jealous! I have a friend living in Austin, I need to get down there for a visit!

Comment

• luvthemstillers
                    luvthemstillers commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Book your trip now. Pro tip: get up early and get a good spot in line. Being first in line was a blast and worth the extra wait.

Looks amazing. Drooling on my keyboard.

Comment

Just like a great Marvel movie, I have a post credits scene for you all... the famous Franklin offset smokers. This room had to be 120 degrees minimum. All the smokers were filled with the brisket for tomorrow's lunch, and it was only about 12:15 when I took the shots. I didn't get to see Franklin himself, but seeing these beauties in action was thrilling enough.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Backroadmeats
                      Backroadmeats commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I would like this post a 1000 times if I could.. thanks for taking this Minnesota boy through this meal with ya.. and you got to see the smokers... I am truly JEALOUS!!

• RickyBobby
                      RickyBobby commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Absolutely awesome post!!! Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for taking The Pit along with you!!!

• fzxdoc
                      fzxdoc commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That smoke room is so nice and clean! Looks great! Thanks for taking the photos and bringing us along.

Kathryn

Great write-up! I can tell you enjoyed it very much! My bucket list just got longer.

Comment

This really was an awesome post; the pics, the story, real-time updates. You are the man, good sir!

Comment

Yummmmmm!!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Great post! I hope to make the pilgrimage one day!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here