Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First in line at Franklin Barbecue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First in line at Franklin Barbecue

Got here at 5:45. It's now 6:45 and there's already a dozen people behind me. The smell of smoking meats and oak is amazing. Ignore the sign on the door. There's plenty of good food waiting inside.🥩🔥
    Attached Files

There's about 2 dozen now.
    Attached Files

Comment

It will be worth the wait. Don't forget to ask if you can go in the back and look at the smokers...

Comment

• luvthemstillers
        luvthemstillers commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll be sure to ask.

What time does it open!? Keep the pics coming!

Comment

• luvthemstillers
        Editing a comment
        11 am central time.

Line is getting bigger.
      Attached Files

Comment

Woo hoo! Welcome to the Pitmaster Club and thanks for taking us along!

Comment

Yea welcome, I’ve been in that line, enjoy the experience. It’s sort of like waiting for a Disney ride, exciting but over with quickly !!!

Welcome to the Pit !!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland, and smile! You are first in line for some good food!

Comment

• luvthemstillers
              Editing a comment
              I'm smiling now that I got my coffee. That photo was decaffeinated. 😂

Enjoy and we look forward to more pics. Cool experience
            Last edited by au4stree; July 18, 2019, 07:21 AM. Reason: edited poor spelling

Comment

....its on my bucket list!

Comment

• luvthemstillers
                Editing a comment
                Definitely worth checking it off that list.

Back of the line is currently a half hour wait.
              Attached Files

Comment

Smile man, and ask for a beef rib. I think they offer them only one day a week, but if today’s the day get one! Enjoy.

Comment

Fully caffeinated photo, for those of you concerned for my lack of a smile. 😂
                  Attached Files

Comment

• FireMan
                    FireMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Much better!

It's currently 9:30 am central time. The restaurant is open for drinks/bathrooms/merchandise. They are working their way through the line to take meat orders so as to gauge how much product is being sold. The line is into the parking lot now. I purchased my tshirt, and asked about seeing the smokers. They take people back in small groups once the first wave of food orders have been served. Approximately 12pm central time.
                  Attached Files

Comment

So how is the pocket flask holding out? ;-)

Comment

• luvthemstillers
                      Editing a comment
                      Drinks will come later. Want to be on my game for this experience. I did pick up a Stagg Jr. yesterday.

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      luvthemstillers Wow Stagg Jr is a great whiskey, potent as the day is long, but some wonderful flavor. Hard to find where I'm at.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here