Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First in line at Franklin Barbecue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smokin fool
    replied
    Hmmm, does Southwest fly between Dallas and Austin, I'm in Dallas the end of Sept but doubt if I'll have time to bomb down to Austin

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    luvthemstillers Thanks for taking me on a journey to a place I would love to try, but will likely never see in person. My wife would NEVER EVER wait in line 6 hours for food of any sort. She doesn't like waiting 15 minutes to be seated. I would have to do this trip without her...

Leave a comment:

• pjlstrat
    replied
    Thank you for sharing, that was awesome to follow!

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    replied
    Oh god I miss whiskey!

Leave a comment:

• au4stree
    replied
    Thank you for taking us along with you. Great write up and pics. Not to mention you got to see the smokers, trifecta!

Leave a comment:

• Ray
    replied
    I'd love to be there tomorrow morning, but I don't know how to pull it off from Indiana! Great post and what an experience. Thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Our son lives in Austin. I made the pilgrimage to Franklin the first time we visited him. As good as it was, I wouldn't do it again because there are a bunch of other Q joints I want to hit in that area.

BTW - lour son sez most of the locals wait until after the crowd thins to go. You may not get exactly what you want every time, but whatever you get will be very good.

Leave a comment:

• Backroadmeats
    commented on 's reply
    I would like this post a 1000 times if I could.. thanks for taking this Minnesota boy through this meal with ya.. and you got to see the smokers... I am truly JEALOUS!!

• Mosca
    replied
    Happy dance!

Leave a comment:

• Nate
    replied
    Great post! I hope to make the pilgrimage one day!

Leave a comment:

• IowaGirl
    replied
    Yummmmmm!!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    This really was an awesome post; the pics, the story, real-time updates. You are the man, good sir!

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    luvthemstillers Wow Stagg Jr is a great whiskey, potent as the day is long, but some wonderful flavor. Hard to find where I'm at.

• SmokingSteve
    replied
    Great write-up! I can tell you enjoyed it very much! My bucket list just got longer.

Leave a comment:

• luvthemstillers
    replied
    Just like a great Marvel movie, I have a post credits scene for you all... the famous Franklin offset smokers. This room had to be 120 degrees minimum. All the smokers were filled with the brisket for tomorrow's lunch, and it was only about 12:15 when I took the shots. I didn't get to see Franklin himself, but seeing these beauties in action was thrilling enough.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here