Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

La Barbeque Austin - amazing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

La Barbeque Austin - amazing

We were in Austin last week and had unfortunately not very much time to spend there. After reading some tips and reviwes here I decided to sample the goods at La Barbeque. We arrived in the earlier afternoon and did not have to wait in any line at all. My wife and me tried the ribs, the brisket and the pulled pork. The pulled pork was good but the ribs and the brisket were really amazing. A definite recommendation! I now have teh challenge to produce ribs and brisket of simialr quality at home...

We enjoyed La Barbeque too.

Comment

I went there the last time I was in Austin. I had just gone to Micklethwait but still wanted more (Franklins was still recovering from the fire) so I took a car over to La Barbecue. Had about a 30 minute wait but it was well worth it. Ended up standing in line with a couple and a single gal who didn't know much about barbecue at all but knew they had to try this place. I was able to educate them some on the process and science behind bbq and shared a meal with them which was really fun.

After I ate there I knew what potential there was in brisket. I had made a couple before then but it showed me there is a lot higher ceiling for what I could produce at home.

Comment

Hill country brisket has a magic to it that's really hard to duplicate. La Barbecue is among the very best in an area where choosing which bbq joint to go to is like choosing a pizza parlor in Chicago.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here