Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pilgrimage to Franklin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilgrimage to Franklin

Visited my brother in Austin this week and decided to dedicate one morning to the Franklin experience! In line at 0830 and seated with my tray of 'que at 1200. Sounds crazy but it was so worth it and not just to sample the holy grail of brisket. Tailgating in line is with other enthusiasts is half the fun! And seeing up close and personal Aaron Franklins OCD-level of attention to detail throughout the whole thing was really inspiring. From the friendliness of the staff to the wash up sink in the dining room, everything is meant to make each customer's visit a great one. And the nearly 3 lbs of meat I ate, well...
    Attached Files

You must have gone during the week, 8:30 on the weekend is usually met with "we might have some que for you". Glad you had the opportunity to experience a true Texas tradition, just look at the perfect rendering on that brisket...amazing stuff !!!

Comment

I agree that it's a great experience, but I am unlikely to repeat it because there are so many great joints in that area.

Comment

Jeez, even the fat cap has a smoke ring!

Comment

Long wait to get in, but that brisket sure looks amazing.

Comment

Looks good but not good enough for me to wait hours in line for.

Comment

• BriggsBBQ
              BriggsBBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Not so bad when you got a cooler of cold ones.

I so want to do this once. C'mon school I won't name, give me that chance!

Comment

I was there 2 weeks ago. Such an awesome experience. Except I was there at 7:45am and got food at 1:45pm. 😬 it was a BUSY day

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                But you did get food!

• scottranda
                scottranda commented
                Editing a comment
                EdF YES I did. It was my one goal of the trip!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here