Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I’m in line at Franklin BBQ right now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m in line at Franklin BBQ right now!

Took a trip to see friends this weekend in Austin. We got here at 7:45am and here’s the line. We are not guaranteed beef ribs, but will have everything else. First person in line was at 3:15am and they are from Houston.

We should be eating around 1pm!

Let me know any secrets or have! I’m going to request a tour of the pits.
    Attached Files

Cool!! Enjoy that lunch!

Comment

You won't be disappointed on the wait. I've never been on a weekend so never had the ribs. Hope they have some for you !!!

Comment

• scottranda
        scottranda commented
        Editing a comment
        Pretty sure they’ll be sold out by the time I get there. That’s the word on the street. Bummer.

Woo hoo! Thanks for bringing us along!

Comment

Too many years standing in lines to eat or pay or other. You could play a few board games. Enjoy your friends. Enjoy the food.

M.

Comment

Enjoy!!!!

Comment

Went in early to buy a hat. A guy was buying a brisket to take it back to NY. 6.63 pounds for $157.

Everyone is super nice here!
            Attached Files

Comment

Have fun. When you get the tour, look around corners - you may just run into Aaron. He's a super nice guy.

Ya bought a hat - does that mean you are going to replace your avatar?

Comment

• scottranda
                scottranda commented
                Editing a comment
                My oinking pig avatar needs to make a comeback (if you even remember that). I do need a fresh avatar.

I think I read Franklin is at some big chef conference he’s hosting here in Austin. Doubt I’ll see him but who knows.

Looks like Big Fun, down Texas way!
              Enjoy th Experience, amigo!

Comment

Can't wait to see that plate! I'm hoping I might have the opportunity to visit them later this year.

Comment

Have fun. I can honestly say I've never waited in line for 5+ hours for food. Or a ride. Then again... I did wait for over 4 hours in line outside an Apple Store to get my pre-ordered iPhone 4 on launch day in June 2010! If I ever make it to Austin I'll have to man up and wait sounds like! Only Texas Que I've had was at Hard Eight, and I tried for samples of too many meats, and sadly could not clean off my $40 tray of food...

Comment

• texastweeter
                    texastweeter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    priorities.....

Still waiting. Probably another hour. Check out The Manifesto. Plus a picture of the aftermath of the fire hanging in the restaurant.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'm jealous. I have to do that some day. Enjoy!

Comment

Almost inside!
                      Attached Files

Comment

I just don't think I could get myself to stand in a line that long. Oh well. Hope you're having a great visit, Scott!

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                          ComfortablyNumb commented
                          Editing a comment
                          EdF I don't know if I could be around that many people, much less standing in a line!! ;-)

• EdF
                          EdF commented
                          Editing a comment
                          ComfortablyNumb, yeah I find myself a bit "crowdophobic" as I get older too. Like my solitude (with my family of course). But I've always been a bit of a lone wolf.

• ComfortablyNumb
                          ComfortablyNumb commented
                          Editing a comment
                          EdF My brother from a different mother!

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here